Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #41
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts
Default Re: ceramic bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
I have wondered the same thing about the front bearings. Is there a load difference even on steel angular bearings when coming down off a wheelie. I look at tooling everday that is held in place by the locking friction of angles. When an angled bearing has load applied I would think it has to create a little more friction than any ball type bearing, just by design. Then there is the question about wheelies and the loading on ceramic bearings. Are they fragile?
Adger, you are correct, the static loads are way higher on an tapered bearing when compared to a roller bearing. The current offerings require the front hub to be machined to fit the roller bearing. The friction is way less in a roller bearing when compared to a tapered bearing. If the ceramic bearing is not an offshore piece, but a bearing manufactured to the right specifications and materials, it should not fracture after a wheel stand. The loads after the car lands as a result of a wheel stand are way higher in a tapered bearing when compared to a roller bearing.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #42
Damn Yankee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Andy sent u a PM---FED387
PM replied too,

Thank you
Damn Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #43
Brandon Alsept

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will send you a 4.71 setup center for that dewco Andy LOL Coyote Stock with a 26" and a 4.71 should be perfect
Brandon Alsept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #44
Damn Yankee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Alsept View Post
I will send you a 4.71 setup center for that dewco Andy LOL Coyote Stock with a 26" and a 4.71 should be perfect
Brandon I thought you were building a titanium 8.8 deal ?

To be honest with you I haven't settled on a rear gear yet, still debating on the 26" tire vs the 28". I like the shorter tire, lighter reciprocating weight idea, but I also like the larger rollout with the 28. Duffy is doing something totally different from everyone else with our 9" ARB set up. The first 330 is so important in C/S, especially the 60' but you already know that. Last time I spoke with Don he was trying to get me to buy a set of his 4:90 gears. As one of his customers you know that translates into a minimum of 1K for the gears alone LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #45
Brandon Alsept

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
Brandon I thought you were building a titanium 8.8 deal ?

To be honest with you I haven't settled on a rear gear yet, still debating on the 26" tire vs the 28". I like the shorter tire, lighter reciprocating weight idea, but I also like the larger rollout with the 28. Duffy is doing something totally different from everyone else with our 9" ARB set up. The first 330 is so important in C/S, especially the 60' but you already know that. Last time I spoke with Don he was trying to get me to buy a set of his 4:90 gears. As one of his customers you know that translates into a minimum of 1K for the gears alone LOL
I was meaning for the PS car.

CS with a 28" tire and a 4.90 may be spot on. But like you said a simple gear change is big money for a dewco
Brandon Alsept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #46
Damn Yankee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Alsept View Post
I was meaning for the PS car.

CS with a 28" tire and a 4.90 may be spot on. But like you said a simple gear change is big money for a dewco
I would love to go back there but I would first have to find a buyer for everything from the Crate Motor, to the headers, clutch, Bellhousing, damper, k-member ect. Hopefully it works out for the class and it comes back to what it was at its peak. I am keeping my options open if it continues to grow and looks like it will stick around
Old 03-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
impstocker

Liked 54 Times in 16 Posts

When I first ran my 68 Impala back in 2004 I had 4:88 street gears in my 12 bolt (w/ Moser Spool, axles) On my 17th pass i broke those gears , 6000 RPM clutch drop, 4100 car. I then replaced with a Pro Gear set, never had a problem since-stay away from "street gears" for any racing- just my experience.

Will Lamprecht I/S 65 Impala in progress.
impstocker is offline   Reply With Quote