HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
BKRacing 1198 SG

Smile Boicesco has huge weekend in MASGA finale @ Numidia

Iggie Boicesco mad the long trip from Concord, NC well worth it as he swept both MASGA races at Numidia on the way to his 2nd consecutive MASGA championship. Both races were completed on Sunday due to a persistant rain that just kept going enough to stop action on Saturday. Saturday started out with sunny skys and we were able to set the fields after 2 qualifing shots but a steady mist of rain would come in during the mid afternoon and delay the start of eliminations. Around 6pm Bob and his crew were going to give us a 3rd time shot due to the changing weather but mother nature had bigger plans as the rain clouds rolled in and dropped just enough rain that the race was called at 7pm. Pete Luciano took a vote and the decision was made to attempt to run both races on Sunday since it was the final races of the weekend and the championship was at stake. Sunday greeted us with sunny, muggy and hot conditions and after a quick time shot in the morning, the 17 cars lined up for eliminations. As the fields were chopped down the final was going to be a rematch of the 2008 Toyo Tires Nationals as Tom Goldman would square off against Boicesco. At the flash Goldman got a slight advantage at the start and held it going down the track but the hard charging Boicesco reeled him in with a 9.91 to 9.93 victory. With that victory Boicesco all but clinched the 2008 MASGA championship as closest competitors Knoblick, Smith and Luciano all had early exits.
After a quick 2nd time run to set the fields for Sunday's race we got started around 3:30 pm with an 18 car field as 3 cars rolled in over night including John Stover who made the trip up from North Carolina also. Boicesco kept his momentim going into Sunday's race as he claimed victory's over Rob Keister, Dave Harvey Sr, George Smith and a bye into the finals against first time MASGA competitor Gerald Peterson and his 1994 Mustang. Unfortunatly due to the 4+ hour drive home I do not have the full details of the final round. I was told that Boicesco did beat Peterson to claim his 4th race of the season.
Final points will be updated in a few days but from my calculations the Top 5 will stay the same as Iggie Boicesco will claim 1st, Don Knoblick 2nd, George Smith 3rd, Pete Luciano 4th, and If i'm correct Mike Lauria and George Donhauser will be tied for 5th.
Overall it was a great season, we finished 9 out of 10 races and the only one not completed was due to a "pollen out" rather then rain. We had some great car counts even with competing against some major holidays (mother's day) and against some local National Events for D-1 racers. I know Lucky is going to work very hard in the off season once the D-1 schedule is complete to try to make it on weekend when there is nothing going on around the D-1 area. If you would like any information on the 2009 season or would like to become a sponsor feel free to e-mail Leanne at leanneluciano@hotmail.com or myself at ReKeister@aol.com or just stop by at Atco or the Dutch Classic and say hi. Finally a big thank you to all the sponsors that did join the association with year, we had a great amount of people this year and we are
only going to try to make it better for the racers in 2009.

Rob Keister
1198 S/G
MASGA

Last edited by BKRacing 1198 SG; 09-16-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 185 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Boicesco has huge weekend in MASGA finale @ Numidia

The question is....... did Iggie turn the car off between rounds this time???........... LOL
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
BKRacing 1198 SG

Haha, Yes he did shut the car off in between runs but I did see the "WORLD FAMOUS LEAF BLOWER" under the car during a few runs.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know why, but jokingly when i heard iggie lost first round...i said to judy, if he hurries, he can drive upp i-77 to i-81 & go to numidia....never thought he would.......i talked to george smith friday night and even mentioned it to him...he laughed & said...no ..i hope he stays down there............................the man has to be the patron saint of super gas........................i don't know of....or never heard of ...the things that he seems to accomplish.....................all i can say is " iggie , your the man " congratulations.................& bk....thats a good story for bob frey.................& tom....your over do.......you got that john force syndrome from back in the day.............always a bridesmate...never a bride..................congratulations to all & kudos to lucky & his family for the great job they do with the masga....

Wayne & judy
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Boicesco has huge weekend in MASGA finale @ Numidia

You're a pretty good racer I think...lol, great job as usual. Congrats on your series Championship.