Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #521
mcink

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: "Live" from our Southwestern Swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well I know one reason why there are not too many spectators watching stock when they run early in the morning here in Las Vegas. This morning they would not let spectators into the track until 9:30. There was a family who had driven here to watch stock and super stock only and by the time they let them in, stock had made both of their runs for today and so had super stock. Evidently Division 7 or this race track in particular just doesn't care! They also changed the order that we were running from the time it was announced and changed it to where stock almost ran back to back with only super stock in between. If you run both stock and super stock, it was really a busy hour and a half, and then nothing til last thing tonight.

Well I am about ready for a nap, so I can stay up long enough to race tonight.
My son and I were at the track Saturday at 815 am, and they certainly welcomed us at that time. We saw some of the Stockers make passes on that round. I assume this family parked in the lot to the west of the pit entrance. We were the 8th car from the gate, so not many spectators made it there much earlier. The ticket booth was already open and selling tickets at this time, so I do not know what this families problem was...

We used the free Saturday tickets (TAD driver) Duane Shields was giving out at his Short Line Express convenience stores, that are located throughout Las Vegas.

I took lots of photos, and will start posting those tonight after work. I did not have internet and computer access in Vegas, like I do at home in South Dakota.
mcink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #522
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,695 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcink View Post
My son and I were at the track Saturday at 815 am, and they certainly welcomed us at that time. We saw some of the Stockers make passes on that round. I assume this family parked in the lot to the west of the pit entrance. We were the 8th car from the gate, so not many spectators made it there much earlier. The ticket booth was already open and selling tickets at this time, so I do not know what this families problem was...

We used the free Saturday tickets (TAD driver) Duane Shields was giving out at his Short Line Express convenience stores, that are located throughout Las Vegas.

I took lots of photos, and will start posting those tonight after work. I did not have internet and computer access in Vegas, like I do at home in South Dakota.
That's good to hear. Shields is a great guy, one of the few alky cars I root for. The Vegas divisional is a tough deal due to car counts and the extraneous classes they cram in. I look forward to retrospective posts by the Hills, Toby and others on how the event can be improved.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #523
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeath View Post
Jeff, to be cheating, you must have bored that throttle body out to at least 100mm, and then cleverly concealed the machine work...........which gave you at least 100 horsepower!!, some people on here are so stupid...funny ,do they even race? or are talking out of their a**..?.Nice job, you're car is running good!!
Thank you Jerry. You are right, cheating means you intentionally did something wrong and tried to conceal it. I am only guilty of choosing the best part that was in my blueprint guide. Thanks for your support.
mopar jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #524
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbob67 View Post
regardless of what some of these internet racers say, good job on getting your car to run that good! good luck on the info side for tech. let me know if you need any help. charlie can get hold of me or give you my number if you need it.
Bob you have a PM. Thanks.
mopar jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #525
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
Thank God it only took the cost of ONE race car and no injuries to get them to do what we all thought they should do the night before

We are racing to late in the year - rain next week in Pomona

:-) peace
There is a major problem when the track decisions makers does not stop the racing on a very poorly prepared track as well as a very cold track . On my run a car blew his engine about mid range and continued to drive the car leaving a trail of oil , parts until the turn off . I was in the water box and waited for appx 50 minutes for the track to be cleaned up. Mean while the starting line temperature dropped 39 degrees , no telling what it was on down the track. As a result I spun big time even though I chipped down big time and lost the race spun all the way is not fun the car was loose all the way down the track The race should have been cancelled right then instead of waiting for a car to crash to call the race until Monday . it seems that the decision makers ever year race until a car crashes then call the race wow what a way to make a decision . I am still very upset over this and most likely get over it
Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #526
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,449 Times in 1,954 Posts

Well here are a few photos as we are on our way home:

Leaving Las Vegas!

Snow!!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #527
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,449 Times in 1,954 Posts

A bicyclist

Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #528
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Greene View Post
David, you can thump your chest all you want, but in MHO, you wouldn't know a real car unless it hit you in the *****. The people that made the real cars go fast (Keith included) know that it takes far more work than a BOGUS horsepower rating and stroking a check. ANYONE that chooses to do that can....and MANY can, but will not because they do not want to be a party to nhras' scam with Ford, Chrysler, and now GM. All of the heads up runs since these cars were allowed in Stock Eliminator have been GIFTS from nhra and there is nothing you can say to defend it. Maybe the new cars can make it on their own.....time will tell, but you have a long way to go to earn the respect of the hard working racers that got us to this point.

"Parade of real cars go by".....give me a break.
OK, if that is the way you feel, and I understand that it is your opinion, and you are welcome to to it.

But, if "anyone can do it", STEP UP and do it yourself!

You have absolutely no idea of what we have done and all we have gone through to accomplish what we did. So until you go and do it, maybe you should just lighten up a bit.

My comment , to which you took such great offense, was tongue in cheek, and intended for a certain car, who ran with illegal internal component, while repeatedly getting horsepower, and just trying to show off. It was not intended as a slap against the older cars for whom I have the greatest respect. But take it for whatever you wish. I really don't much care, since your opinion is only one, and while some may share it, many do not. And I learned a long time ago, that you can't please everyone. So I just don't even try.

Have a nice day.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 11-07-2011 at 12:59 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #529
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Greene View Post
David, you can thump your chest all you want, but in MHO, you wouldn't know a real car unless it hit you in the *****. The people that made the real cars go fast (Keith included) know that it takes far more work than a BOGUS horsepower rating and stroking a check. ANYONE that chooses to do that can....and MANY can, but will not because they do not want to be a party to nhras' scam with Ford, Chrysler, and now GM. All of the heads up runs since these cars were allowed in Stock Eliminator have been GIFTS from nhra and there is nothing you can say to defend it. Maybe the new cars can make it on their own.....time will tell, but you have a long way to go to earn the respect of the hard working racers that got us to this point.

"Parade of real cars go by".....give me a break.
Post like this are ugly and uncalled for,David and his son invested their time and hard earned money to build a legal stocker by nhra rules just like many racers do.Congrats on a great year and negative people like MR.GREENE should give us all a break.

Last edited by davidhuff; 11-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #530
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,695 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
Post like this are ugly and uncalled for,David and his son invested their time and hard earned money to build a legal stocker by nhra rules just like many racers do.Congrats on a great year and negative people like MR.GREENE should give us all a break.
Arnold knows more about stockers than the VAST majority of the keyboard jockeys and fat wallets and regardless if you like his opinion he's entitled to it and has certainly earned the right to voice it. Think David handled it already, I would advise giving Mr Greene a break yourself.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote