HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #21
sterling simmons jr

Liked 132 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Bobby Warren on TV

I have been dealing with Bobby Warren for 25 years and he's always been one way, an honest and fair man. When another engine builder tried to cheat me, Bobby stood up for me and has been doing my motors ever since. I've been blessed just knowing him and honored to call him my friend.

If you want his autograph he will be at the Skipper and Simmons' Fish Fry in October at Virginia National.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
MEMORIES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Bobboy Warren at Sylacauga, Alabama in the late seventies. He was driving that "Krunchy Chicken" super stock Camaro in a big payout bracket race. I think it was for a $1000, big in those times. Talk about a country track out in the middle of dusty fields. Paul Smith's "Entertainer" funny car was match racing the "Trojan Horse". There was so much dust on the track that part of the time you couldn't see the cars at the finish line.

Wayne.
MEMORIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
OLD INJUN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This one is for Bobby and Haywood

Last edited by OLD INJUN; 08-05-2009 at 07:49 PM.
OLD INJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Terrance Smith

Bobby Warren has been racing longer than I have been on this earth! To get the chance to see a living legend race is one thing, to meet him and see him at his work is another. I have had the pleasure of visiting his shop pn more than one occassion. I must say the part of NC I was born and raised produced some legendary drag racers: Bobby Warren, Garley Daniels, Robert "Big R" RIchardson, David Surles, Jeff and Charlie Taylor, Vince Holmes, Jimmy Spells etc the list goes on and on. I would put the old Tar Heel state up against any other for best drag racers. I guess California might have something to say about that one lol!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
Terrance Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rice View Post
Thanks for the link. That was priceless!
Bob Rice
Bob,

Can we get some photos of those legendary South East NC racers? I know you got pics of all of them.

Smitty
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #26
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is a photo of Bobby Warren and Ronnie Sox bring back the memories at the Jameson Inn at the East Coast Drag Time Hall of Fame and Reunion in Henderson 2003.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobby Warren & Ronnie Sox.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1207  
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One more Bobby Warren inducteed into the East Coast Drag Time Hall of Fame, Henderson, NC, 2003. The stories you hear as these guys are inducteed on Sunday during this week-end long event are priceless.
Attached Images

chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
thrash7781

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Bobby Warren on TV

i was stationed in jacksonville in 1975-77 and got the pleasure of watching Bobby race with us. back then we went drag racing on friday/saturday nights and on sunday during the day. i was eighteen and drove my everyday driven 69 nova to the drag strips and race it. i ran 13.00 flat for the two years i raced it. i even drove it to michigan for christmas one year. but i remember always telling myself i want one of bobby warren's cars. they were all the best they could be, the two years i spent in N.C. were i will never forget and it's because of friends like bobby.
thrash7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #29
Don Sofranko

Liked 111 Times in 28 Posts

Hi
Does anyone know what Bobby's most successful race car was? The 69 camaro maybe? Where is it now? Yeah... we should start a photo gallery of his former cars. Like that awesome Thunder Valley thread.
Don Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #30
Bob Rice

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's a pic of Mr. Bobby's World Championship Nova that I took at Kinston, NC, on a Sunday afternoon after the Blaney points meet on Saturday night.
Bob Rice is offline   Reply With Quote