HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 10-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #11
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: dawn in MT slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
I'm a Palmolive man myself. It does work and for the ease and cost of it why not? I just put new Hoosiers on and did it, why not? I don't use screws just wipe the rim and bead with acetone before filling and if you want you can spray the bead with hair spray, it help prevent them slipping on the rim. I've never filled the holes but use a scotchbrite on a die grinder to remove any burrs. I've used wheels with holes and never filled them and run tubeless with no problem.

For what it's worth, this is what a lot of guys are doing today, with the exception of the dish detergent. That practice started many years ago, almost exclusively with Firestone/Firehawk/Phoenix bias ply slicks. The rubber that made up the sidewalls was so thin that you could wet a mounted tire with soapy water and watch all of the little bubbles form on the surface. They would often go flat in a couple of days. I could certainly be wrong, but I don't know of another tire (especially any radial) that exhibited that behavior.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #12
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 380 Times in 180 Posts
Default Re: dawn in MT slicks

Hoosier = no soap and no leaks!

Further, it's the year 2018, who runs rim screws?

I go 1 teens in my door car and 1.0 in my dragster in 60 foot without rim screws!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote