HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
1320GURU

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post Thank You IHRA and racers

Thank you IHRA

I would like to take this opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings after the IHRA World Finals at Rockingham.
I grew up attending many races (IHRA, AHRA, and NHRA) with my dad and have seen a lot of changes over the years, good and bad. I raced my big wheel and played in the dirt in Div. 3 before a lot of the new kids on the block were even born. My most recent experiences have all been at NHRA events on the Left coast.
First allow me to thank my dad for the opportunity to share this great sport and the time he has taken to share it with me, (you?ve taught me a lot, and I have fond memories of you racing, thanks).
I recently moved to North Carolina from Phoenix and have had the opportunity to attend 2 events at Rockingham. I can say without a doubt that the experience at the World Finals has been the best I can remember. From the officials (Thank you Danny!), to the participants, I received nothing less than the warmest most respectful and attentive conversations from all, including world champions, record holders, budget racers, newbies, veterans, pro category crew chiefs, engine builders and the fans in the stands. I did not get the typical ?if you ain?t one of us, you must not know anything about our cars? that I have experienced farther West. I did not get the evil eye from the officials because I did not have a plethora of credentials hanging around my neck.
In no way shape or form am I meaning to be negative about NHRA or the racers, what I am saying is that IHRA and the racers have renewed my faith in the sport and there are relationships that can be built that will last a lifetime here. I saw families sharing the pits (please be careful on the bicycles, I was taught to LOOK for cars without their engines on coasting down the return road when I was a kid), many Father and son (and daughter) teams, and an atmosphere of respect and sportsmanship I have not seen in years. I will support and encourage the advancement of this type of experience as much as I possibly can. Are there imperfections? Yes, of course there are. But, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I had a great time and look forward to getting the father and son team put together over the off season and pitting next to some of the nicest people I have met in any sport. Thanks for your time, and putting ?class? back in class racing. See you at the track.

Sincerely,
CW ?William? Jordache
21TEK.com

Last edited by 1320GURU; 10-22-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: adding to title
1320GURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 53 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Thank You IHRA

Imagine that, thats with the "new IHRA" not the real IHRA...

Lil Duane
Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Thank You IHRA

I also heard word tru-the grape vine that IHRA is making NO changes in S/SS! the indexs will stay the same & FI will still run seperate.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
LouisJeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Thank You IHRA

IHRA is great for sportsman racers. IHRA is about racing not looking for obstacles to keep you from racing.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Thank You IHRA

This was all very nice to hear. I wish there were more IHRA tracks down South, but they seem to have forgotten us. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
Marc Kinton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm glad you had a great experience and look forward to seeing you again soon. Sorry about the schedule with all the rain on Friday and the Exxon Valdez happenings on Saturday. I hope all you guys and girls have a great winter and I can't wait for April! Keep your fingers crossed for more down south venues, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for an incredible year!
Marc Kinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

>> I wish there were more IHRA tracks down South, but they seem to have forgotten us.

Tracks choose the sanctioning body, not the other way around. Contact your local track(s) and let them know what *you* want!