HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Parts: Classifieds

Old 11-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
gymratt30

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default $1000 finders fee...426 hemi engine

$1000 finders fee paid to the person that gets me in touch with the current owner ( and I actually BUY the engine).
Believed to be last owned by the late Bob Chipper . engine was last in the Pa. , Binghamton NY area.
Vin number is 0A161573

I got a email form a friend by the name of John Butchco, he may have enlightened me to a new path to search for my Hemi engine,,,,,

hi mike....well, I may have misled you a bit as far as the hemi engine is concerned....the mind ain't what she used to be so I spoke to my friend paul messemer today at length about thye engine(s)....it seems that the hemi engine out of the superbird ended up in another karl gould car...the one driven by tim Richards and paul back in 71 when these pics were taken....I did not realize that there was a second, third, fourth and fifth 426 hemi lurking around.....my understanding was that chip kept the original engine from the 33 willys for all the other builds....paul said NO, that there were a bunch of hemis lurking around at that time and the one from the superbird ended up in this car as pictured.....as I got out of drag racing in 1970-1, I cannot deny nor corroborate anything paul said....I suspect he may be right as he was adamant that the engine WAS in the brown cuda when it went to a guy in florida and then to another guy in Georgia - he mentioned that he told you this about a month ago...funny, but I just happened to have pics of that car in my old drag folder so here they are....if you have any connection with nhra/ihra/? in fl or ga, maybe you could look there....I was told the car was still sporting the same colors when last seen in, I think, Bristol tn at the drags there - it was running ss/da ....anyway, I am still checking with some of the guys from back in the day, but 30 years ago is tough for some of us to remember....enjoy the pics and I will keep checking - George did not have the engine as you may have thought.....later...johnnyB

any of you guys know of a Cuda in Florida or Georiga running this paint scheme and sporting a Hemi?

Mike HIll
803236 8828
mjhill@ftc-i.net

Last edited by Yo Ken; 11-20-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: update
gymratt30 is offline   Reply With Quote