HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Ed McLawhorn Jr.

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default Camber change - Chevy2

Currently running Eddie Rezac's front end kit on an low hp Super stock 66 chevy2. Everything ok on his kit as it solves toe end issue. No complaint there. However, the camber changes severe as front end rises to the tune of 4 degrees both sides at peak lift before wheel comes off ground. I knew it changed some but did not realize how much until someone showed me a picture. I know I can limit front end travel, but its not ideal on this combo. I have spoken with Eddie about this but his kit does not prevent camber change and will vary from car to car sometimes. Is there anyone who is knowledgeable and willing to discuss possible solutions. I'm willing to travel within reason and make necessary changes.

Ed
Ed McLawhorn Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #2

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Camber change - Chevy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed McLawhorn Jr. View Post
Currently running Eddie Rezac's front end kit on an low hp Super stock 66 chevy2. Everything ok on his kit as it solves toe end issue. No complaint there. However, the camber changes severe as front end rises to the tune of 4 degrees both sides at peak lift before wheel comes off ground. I knew it changed some but did not realize how much until someone showed me a picture. I know I can limit front end travel, but its not ideal on this combo. I have spoken with Eddie about this but his kit does not prevent camber change and will vary from car to car sometimes. Is there anyone who is knowledgeable and willing to discuss possible solutions. I'm willing to travel within reason and make necessary changes.

Ed
My background is as a Pro ET racer and as a front-end alignment expert, and I doubt that a camber change, even 4 degrees of camber change, would slow you down to any material degree, as compared to the toe variations resolved by Eddie Rezac.
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote