HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 12-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #31
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Rules for nhra super street

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
How could you move up to Gas if your car only runs in the tens?
By making the car quicker?

I'm guessing that most of the fast Super Street cars run the class because they feel they will be more competitive in that class than running with the 170 mph roadsters in Super Gas. Basically the same reason you don't want THEM in Super Street. Depending on how heavy they are, they could also struggle to cut a light on the .400 tree even though they can run well under the 9.90 index.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #32
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Every car should obviously run under their respective index, but once the car reaches the capability of running the next faster class index, I think it should not be allowed in the slower class anymore. Otherwise, what is the purpose of having the different classes?
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:38 AM   #33
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Oh yeah forgot to mention this. How come they don't run a true .400 or .500 lights at the divisional races? I've been told they are .380 and .480 because there were too many pros red lighting so NHRA decided to speed up the tree. What does that have to do with the sportsman classes? The pros don't run at divisional races. It states in the rule book that they run .500 tree in s/street .400 in s/gas and s/comp. Why is this? Even at national events the sportsman should run the lights that are stated in the rule book. I have no delay box, and I can't even cut a good .500 pro tree light using a trans brake because of this situation. Everything seams to be revolving around the pros. NHRA shouldn't forget what the majority of the NHRA is made up of. SPORTSMAN RACERS! It all seams to be about the television and corporate money for them now days. I miss the grass roots feel of the NHRA back when Wally Parks was in control. Sometimes I wish the IHRA events weren't so far away and spread out. Raced at one of their national events in western NY years ago, and they were genuinely interested in you having a great time at their event. Was missing a neck collar required for their super street class during tech. I told them I didn't own one. They said, "No problem, get one at a vendor here at the event tomorrow morning." I said, "But I'll miss the first round of time trails. He said, "No problem, come back up to us and we will give you a run if you miss first round because of this issue." Imagine an NHRA official saying that to you!
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #34
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

You seem to have plenty of complaints! You seem to think that since your car can run 10.90, you should have a competitive Super Street car. I'm sure you can, but you'll need to work on things such as getting your car to cut a light.

You are handicapping yourself by not having a delay box, for sure. Once you can cut a light, you'll need the adjustability to the thousandth of a second.

Bracket racing against cars of all speeds will help you judge the closing rates of the faster Super Street cars.

If it were easy, everyone would do it.