HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default What The #$%&*

Lets here some weird or crazy stories from the past...maybe something that happened at a race, with a driver or their car, or something that happened in the pits that you couldn't believe what you were seeing, a questionable teardown, etc, something that you said to yourself WTF...anything from the past.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: What The #$%&*

A couple funny incidents come to mind,,,, at the long gone, late Puyallup Raceway Park, if you got in the stands early enough, you could grab a front row seat that was probably about 10ft from the car in the right lane, at the starting line, as the stands were right above the guardrail down that side of the track. I remember watching a guy carefully staging a '39 Chevy coupe and as the lights came down, I saw his head go back as he was in the middle of a sneeze, and at the moment he finished, the light was already green and his opponent was gone! Not only can you snooze and lose, you can sneeze and lose too!
I also observed the time honored ritual of a racer overstaging, backing up, turning the stage lights on and low and behold, up go the revs, the lights came down, and he dumps the clutch and badly wheelhops backwards because he forgot to put the gearbox in first gear! Strange, but true!
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
John Mason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: What The #$%&*

Got protested at Atco in the late 60's with my 67 Pontiac stocker after winning 3 weeks in a row. Torn down by their tech crew (not NHRA's) after eliminations. The guy checking my cam put masking tape around my 6" balancer, carefully marked .010 open and .010 closed on the tape with a pen, removed the tape, placed it around a 8" degree wheel, measured the duration and whispered to me that I was leaving a lot on the table since my cam was about 30 degrees short of maximum. Bob Duffy was there and had to go outside to contain his amusement.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Default Re: What The #$%&*

Good stuff guys...keep'em coming.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Default Re: What The #$%&*