HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Parts: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Kingpen

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Default 225/341hp 454 "peanut port" S/S engine

Can run as '75 w/750 q-jet or '76 w/800 q-jet--both rated at 341 hp.Was originally built by Gary Stinnett and has less than 200 runs since new.Has 38 runs on freshen up(3rd hone).
Bowtie CNC Splayed billet main cap block
Callies Magnum with center c/w's std./std. +.013
Oliver rods/ BME .043 ring pack Bore is at 4.317 now
JESEL Tie-Bar lifters Jesel Rkrs & Belt drive
Layer/Heads Up! 236 heads & Edelbrock intake
q-jet (800) by Stinnett with all spacers
Comp 4/7 swap cam with Comp 1/2" push rods
NEW Pac Springs(38 runs) 1.500 dia.
Moroso Alum. kick out pan
ATI dampner MSD Crank trigger/MSD Dist.
Comes complete w/ Matching ATI Converter
Meziere w/p and Flexplate
Made 697 HP on Stinnetts dyno
Engine ran in the .90-.95 under range in Gary's car.When I put it in my "old" Camaro (69) and ran it in GT class,it would run in the .55-.60 range but there were several things I DID NOT DO to run fast with it.I never ran thin oil,I never ran Radials,Only shifted at 7krpm and with my gear /tire combo,it only turned 7700 rpm at finish line,should be in the 8300-8400 range.The BIGGEST FACTOR was I used a PowerGlide and it killed the combo,not even a good P/G but one made for bracket racing with big 1.76 style gearset , extra clutches,and HV Front Pump.Engine has lots of potential but needs to be run with a 3 speed trans.
My racing is going in a different direction this year ,so I want to sell it complete,still has oil in it (7runs) from last race........$12,500 you could not even buy the parts for this price.
I am willing to travel/meet up with buyer or I can Ship and I will pay 1/2 shipping!
........Best is to call me 580-591-1947 but can email me at Penrodracing@martineer.net.............Thank You Victor Penrod
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote