HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Countdown to a Championship - Roy Lister - 2012 TNTSS Fifth!

Roy Lister from Welland, Ontario is no stranger to highly competitive sports and that's likely what appealed to him about the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series. In 2012, only his fourth year of competition, Roy posted his best season yet by earning 673 points and a fifth place finish in the championship points standings.

When the season started, Roy was behind the eight ball. His car wasn't ready and he missed the first race. That absence must have motivated him as he then proceeded to qualify in the top ten a total of seven times, including a number one in August at St Thomas Raceway Park. Roy also went rounds in eliminations at almost every TNTSS event he attended in 2012, including a runner-up finish at Dunn Tire Raceway Park in June.

"Joining the TNT gang is reminiscent of my time in rodeo," commented Roy. "This is a fiercely competitive group of guys always willing to lend a hand to keep you rolling."

It's well known among TNTSS regulars that Roy had his hood fly open on the race track in late 2011 because someone forget to tighten the dzus buttons. When it happened again in 2012, his fellow racers weren't going to let Roy off the hook. "After too many dumps on my head off of bulls I must be getting forgetful," said Roy. "As everyone knows not once but TWICE I forgot to fasten the hood. Somebody asked me if it was scary when the hood flew open. I told them the only scary part the second time was thinking... How do I face the guys?"

Roy was quick to thank his wife Tara for helping him achieve the fifth place finish. "Tara is always supportive and pushing me to have fun. Thanks to the 'gang' who make the evenings as much fun as the days. A very special thank you to Ted, Russ and Arlene - who will be greatly missed - for putting up with all of us and making this the killer series that it is."

Roy started his drag racing career in 1974 at Cayuga and then switched to sand drags after 3 years. His racing adventures then went on hold due to family and business obligations until 2006 when he bought his current ride, a 1968 Camaro SS with an awesome flame paint job. "Joe Fiorivanti and Rob Carpenter talked me in to throttle stop racing and told me about the TNT Super Series. Joe built me a 406 small block making 750 hp and sent me on my way!"

Meet Roy and his team at the upcoming sixth annual TNTSS Awards Night at Johnny Rocco's Italian Restaurant in Niagara Falls, Ontario on Saturday November 10th at 7pm. Seating is limited and last year's event was jammed so get there early!

For everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country, visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lister-STRP-20120804.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	14019