HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

If you can cut a light and put it on a .90 it doesn't matter if you go 175mph or 112mph (Take it from someone who goes 112 mph) all that matters is that little light bulb on the score board
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chebby2 View Post
Dial the car right and there is no need to look over until the 1000 ft . Leber is right, but just make do with what you have and spend time making it work.If it's time for a change spend it on your driving. Slow cars still turn on win lights.
What you say it true but the concept of the index was to keep cost down the use of timed throttle stops and big MPH combinations has the opposite afffect and having equal or a bigger MPH has it advantages when it comes to driving the finish line.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
DOS VETTES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Baer, Why dont you start out with all these changes in the Midwest Supercomp Assoc. as a test bed and let us all know how it worked out! I'll be willing to bet you can stack your changes in the corner with Obama's and wait for them both to happen!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chebby2 View Post
Dial the car right and there is no need to look over until the 1000 ft . Leber is right, but just make do with what you have and spend time making it work.If it's time for a change spend it on your driving. Slow cars still turn on win lights.

No offense, but my SG car runs about 150-152...when I run a 170 mph car in SG aint no way I'm seeing anything of him at 1000'....more like 1200-1250....
Old 08-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My .02 for whats its worth..

Yea all the timers and TS's have made it more and more advantageous if you like to chase, and even though I dont chase at 150 in SG, I still think its a little easier with the race in front of you vs looking...and all that talk about dialing honest, not buying it...I look at everyone I race and study my opponents...lots of guys hold or dial a tick slow, dependant on who they are racing also...not alot of guys set up .90...as far as spending alot of money to race these classes, well go look at what it costs to run a good super stocker or stocker...6000 for heads, 1000 for a rochester carb, 5000 for a tranny...so super classes are still way affordable...

All that said, I'm with you, racing only for the last few feet makes it a little boring at times, however not much different when I bracket race against a fast dragster..I'm 8.70 and he's 7.50...nothing until the last part of the track...

And as long as fields are filled at Nat's and Div races (which they are pretty much here in the Northeast), no one in the NHRA camp is going to even think about changing the way we race...

How about, for a change, getting some payback from the HUGE entry fee's ? You cant even get your entry back unless you are in the semi's, and then just barely...you basically have to win or runner-up to get anything...Go to a big bracket race with a $170 entry and see what the payout is...NO I know we are not in this for the money, but lets face it, not alot of Wallys are won, per class, in the course of a year....5-7 Divisional races doesnt leave alot of room for winners...so why not make it so that at least you can get something for winning some rounds ?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS VETTES View Post
Hey Baer, Why dont you start out with all these changes in the Midwest Supercomp Assoc. as a test bed and let us all know how it worked out! I'll be willing to bet you can stack your changes in the corner with Obama's and wait for them both to happen!
Well All of the MWSCS guys also race NHRA and IHRA stuff so asking them prove this works would handi cap them when them race elsewere so I wouldn't even ask them. I wouldn't consider removing my throttle stop and slowing down 10 MPH under the current rules

As to your last statement your probably right there is too much money to be made by the NHRA's sponsors selling motors, block and heads ect. to ever expect it to change. But nothing ever changes as long as we accept the status quo. Remember that these classes got created because we ask for them I see a problem with the way things are going and I wanted to start a conversation about how we could possibly fix it.
(Compareing my suggestion to Obama's changes is a low blow Buddy!, I gonna have to call dirty pool on that cut!)

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Great topic Baer,

I had to get out of my S/ST car because of cost. The cost of entry fee's taking time off work, fuel, parts and lack of pay out.
I love Div racing it was great fun, good people (even you Root) hahaha
It just got out of hand, changing perfectly good belts every 2 years, changing out shields that had nothing wrong with them. It just got crazy.
Then being skipped over and over in rotation, run at 9:00 and then the next run at 2:00??????? why so long between rounds.
Sorry off the topic....

I did not mind being chased. I adapted to it and made it work ok. I never won a race but made it to the semi's 3-4 times and the qtrs 3-4 times. My car topped out at 132. I really don't now what can be done, do we try a MPH limit? Do we go with a Cubic Inch limit? I think that 150mph in S/ST is a bit much, but that is just my opinion.

I am interested to see what people come up with.....
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

Gee, nobody wants to go back to " THE WAY IT USED TO BE". Do you think a 180 car wants to hit the brakes racing a 160 car . Most will say no.
So lets all run what you got, spend what you can afford and have fun . If you go to the starting line thinking you can't compete with your car then you've already lost, stay at the trailer and drink beer...
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
Great topic Baer,

I had to get out of my S/ST car because of cost. The cost of entry fee's taking time off work, fuel, parts and lack of pay out.
I love Div racing it was great fun, good people (even you Root) hahaha
It just got out of hand, changing perfectly good belts every 2 years, changing out shields that had nothing wrong with them. It just got crazy.
Then being skipped over and over in rotation, run at 9:00 and then the next run at 2:00??????? why so long between rounds.
Sorry off the topic....

I did not mind being chased. I adapted to it and made it work ok. I never won a race but made it to the semi's 3-4 times and the qtrs 3-4 times. My car topped out at 132. I really don't now what can be done, do we try a MPH limit? Do we go with a Cubic Inch limit? I think that 150mph in S/ST is a bit much, but that is just my opinion.

I am interested to see what people come up with.....
Dough Boy I feel your pain when it comes to the NHRA Div. races that why I don't go to many of them. As to your suggestions The NHRA purposed a MPH limit for S/C but some one (probably their contingency sponsors) quickly squashed that and cubic inch limit could work, but might just lead to higher spinning motors for the bucks up guys and 150mph SS/t isn't a bit much, it's absolutely ludicrous!

I too am interested to see what other people come up with

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-20-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Great mind think a like and... we want the same thing. I really enjoy T/D fun to watch and a lot more enjoyable at the to end. Just remove the timers and the motors will follow. S/G and S/C class have great cars, great paint and lots of chrome evrything for spectators to enjoy.CR
Closed Thread