Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #61
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts
Default Re: Doug McRobie crash at Hebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrop View Post
I still cannot believe this happened. It did not look that bad but it was. Just as everyone else said, what a great guy. Everytime I have ever raced in D3 or was at the same race, Doug was always happy to see me and ask how I was doing. No matter what, he had a huge smile and hello, and that meant a lot to me. We talked in the lanes yesterday and he was happy to be going some rounds. Last night was a long-long ride home and I shed some tears. I will miss him.

From the whole Northrop family, RIP Doug, and I send condolences to his family.

Dan
"It did not look that bad", that is what I say every time I see Earnhardt Sr's. last crash. The post about the HANS device has got me thinking.

My condolences to all that knew Doug, it sure sounds like he was one of the good guys.

Bill Lamb
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #62
Sharx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like everyone, sorry to hear this terrible news. Doug always had a big grin and a kind word. Will be missed by all.

Rod Zolman
Sharx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #63
Chaserfan1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NHRA has impounded the car, and will do a thorough investigation. There has not been word yet as to whether it has been done, nor any findings.

I just got back from Doug's funeral. If there was any doubt after reading all the posts on Class Racer, or the two hundred posts (at last count!) on the online guestbook, as to how loved and respected Doug was, you only needed to be at the viewing on Wednesday night. Friends waited over 2 hours in line to pay their respects. At any given time throughout the night, the line was easily over two hundred people long.The family greeted every single person over the course of the night, even though it took over 2-1/2 hours past the planned 5-8 PM schedule.

As mentioned earlier, there will be memorial decals available. If you would want them to display on your car, please contact me at Dimondracing@columbus.rr.com , and I will send them out to you as soon as I have them. If you are ever at a race where Derrick Beach is announcing, please thank him, as they were his idea and design. There is no cost for the decals, but if you are able, please take the time to make a donation to the Wyatt Mcrobie fund , PO Box 257, Mt. Eaton Ohio, 44659.

Numerous family members mentioned to me that they had been on Class Racer, along with the online guest book, and that they were overwhelmed by the amount of posts, and the wonderful things said.Please take the time to go to the online guestbook, and pay your respects.This can be reached by going to: http://obit.spidellfuneralhome.com/w....php?id=585309 .
Chaserfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #64
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just heard graham light say he didn't think the s.a.f.e.r wall that is used in nascar would benifit our sport............................i think it could make a big difference..! Looking back to indy & hebron...........could a s.a.f.e.r wall help our sport..? We always need to look for new answers.........all i have is the question at this time.
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #65
Darren

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tom or Barney,
Did NHRA release the car yet? Is it over at Pat's? Let me know please.
Thanks,

Darren
330-280-6100
darrenw@profabindustries.com
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote