HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts
Default Heads up

Lots of negative vibes on this forum lately. Has the winter boredom taken it's toll? Let us give thanks for the sport, this forum and our friendship through this forum.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. Support your local racing associations and tracks. These are the grassroots of the sport. The NHRA once was but no longer is. Stop chasing the Wally and enjoy the drag racing as it once was. But for those who are familiar with my posts and my love of the "Big Go" where is the compromise?
Thank you in advance for your consideration and reply.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts
Default Re: Heads up

With all do respect your post in itself is negative when you say NHRA no longer is. I have nothing but respect for fellow racers who choose to do other things as far as association races or bracket racing, whatever they choose to do is fine with me. What I do have a problem with is people telling me what I should do. I choose to chase the Wally, not so much the Wally but the experience and the people that come along with it. I enjoy racing NHRA just the way it is whether it is or is not once what it was.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
Dale Hulquist

Liked 349 Times in 74 Posts

Well said James, my sentiments exactly.
Dale Hulquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:33 AM   #4
4spdJohnny

Liked 119 Times in 42 Posts

It's all Fun! The coolest thing I've ever done is when I was lucky enough to win a wally at a divisional level this summer. I hope to some day do it at a national level. I also had a ton of fun racing combo races and was lucky enough to win a combo race this spring. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into these associations and giving us a place to race and compete. I also compete in some bracket races with my stockers. I love trying to make my junk faster and the challenges of being competitive at all levels. There's nothing more exciting then racing in heads up races, it's why I got into stock. Now I can do it all! There's great racing and people everywhere! It's all about the people anyway. Like all things in life its what we make it! I for one am having a ball!

Last edited by 4spdJohnny; 02-04-2018 at 12:37 AM.
4spdJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:21 AM   #5
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,809 Times in 572 Posts

X2 Nicely put Johnny!
GTX JOHN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

It's not criticism, it's an observation and my humble opinion. Different strokes for different folks. I regret the misunderstanding of my message.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #7
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

I race NHRA and our local association. I all so races IHRA as wall when they were still alive in class racing. I am sad that IHRA is no longer in the class racing scene. We had some really good racing in Div 2 IHRA stock and super stock. Our division was growing each year.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #8
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
It's not criticism, it's an observation and my humble opinion. Different strokes for different folks. I regret the misunderstanding of my message.
I don't think you meant no harm Mr Castros but there are still alot of us that are still enjoying the NHRA ride even if its a little bumpy.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #9
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

I always enjoyed racing. I preferred class where it was offered. Eliminator at points meets was ok as we learned, saw friends and enjoyed the travels.
I believe all racers still race in all the events and organizations for the same goals. Can someone explain where the organizations are going? What is the goal besides more people in the pit gates? More classes to dilute the heads up racing? More seat of the pants factoring to quiet the whining from people who bought a less competitive car brand? or quiet the factories who are back in the thick of the racing while they can sway the structure?
Sure are getting More and More expensive cars purchased as a starting point for the racers.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote