HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #21
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Mopar Announces Initiatives to Support NHRA Racers in 20

I can only imagine that it's a business decision made by Mopar. "Let's see, we can support (read: promote, market) 50 year old cars, or we can support (again, promote, market) what we make now."
I really doubt they're out to get the racers that run older cars. I can only guess that they will reach a LOT more potential buyers (and form their buying habits until they get old) by using the latter strategy.
I'm an "old Mopar" guy, and I wouldn't expect the factory to support older stuff unless they had a lot of money to burn.
A bit off topic, but, I think the NHRA can't wait until the "old" cars and racers are out of their hair! But by then, the Drag Packs will be old too. Then what?
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #22
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
I can only imagine that it's a business decision made by Mopar. "Let's see, we can support (read: promote, market) 50 year old cars, or we can support (again, promote, market) what we make now."
I really doubt they're out to get the racers that run older cars. I can only guess that they will reach a LOT more potential buyers (and form their buying habits until they get old) by using the latter strategy.
I'm an "old Mopar" guy, and I wouldn't expect the factory to support older stuff unless they had a lot of money to burn.
A bit off topic, but, I think the NHRA can't wait until the "old" cars and racers are out of their hair! But by then, the Drag Packs will be old too. Then what?
I don't get this at all. The Drag Pak support is in addition to what they have already been doing. They list contingency for blocks, heads, and even valve covers. They are still doing the Hemi deal. What am I missing?
GUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #23
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
More mumbo-jumbo from Mopar, buy one of our $100,000 cars and we will give food a drinks plus tips on how to spend more money with us. Whole lots of words to say nothing. They want to help? How about parts or money payout for something beside the Gen III engine.
We do appreciate the MOPAR contingency $$$ but support is non-existent except for Matt Dean at Glendora Dodge.

Some how the big dogs over looked us - LMFAO

Ron
Old 12-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #24
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Both pay contingency. In fact Chevrolet went way over budget this year!
Ya know, I knew that and they both do a great deal with tech support too. What I'm getting out of the Mopar deal (above and beyond the contingency deal) is that three racers are being "Factory" supported? It would be neat to see FFFFord and Chevy do that too. Kinda bring back a "60s" thing.
And yeah, I don't think that I'd be one.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #25
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
I don't get this at all. The Drag Pak support is in addition to what they have already been doing. They list contingency for blocks, heads, and even valve covers. They are still doing the Hemi deal. What am I missing?
What have they been doing? Not making Hemi blocks or heads I can tell you that!!!

I never asked for any support. Only 1 decal on my car.... Just supply the racers with the needed castings to continue. Thats all I want and no I'll gladly pay for them

Was anyone posting here even at the Mopar Indy dinner?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #26
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
From what I have read, it appears that you are building a Stocker. Mopar has posted contingency for several parts. Maybe you could buy something from them and reap the reward when you win?
Yes I am, ought to have my head examined at my age but I have always wanted to "step up" to race with what I think are a great group of sportsman racers. I bought most of my junk a long time ago when it was offered by the factory. The new cars are great, I do own an SRT and love it but I want to race my Duster, what I grew up with, SOME real help from the factory would be nice to continue my "hobby". We are supporting them, return the favor.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #27
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

Be glad they are supporting anything a sportsman does. Did you forget a drag pack won a national championship recently?

They support what they sell today. Do you go to work for free everyday?
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #28
ss3011

Liked 221 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post
What have they been doing? Not making Hemi blocks or heads I can tell you that!!!

I never asked for any support. Only 1 decal on my car.... Just supply the racers with the needed castings to continue. Thats all I want and no I'll gladly pay for them

Is the World Block not available ? Did Chrysler just contract World to do just a few blocks then cancel the contract ? The World Block looks like a nice piece !
ss3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #29
Steve Stasko

Liked 230 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post

John--- Not sure if you remember me or not, but I talked to you at the Maple Grove Mopar Show a couple years ago. I'm building a Coronet for EA. I'll pass on to you, what Dale Aldo told me at the Maple Grove national event. I had asked about Hemi head castings, since a trip to my local dealer that week netted me another "NS1" response (national backorder, for those who don't know the Mopar system).

He then started talking about AH heads, and I told him that didn't apply to me, since I was building a Street Hemi combo. He told me that if I wanted anyone to pay attention to me, I had to build an AH or Drag Pak car. Anything else, he said, was a waste of time. (In that exact verbiage!)
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #30
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3011 View Post
Is the World Block not available ?
No