HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #41
speedfreak2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok Div. 5, 6, & 7 Sportsman racers.....

Since the day I signed up for this site, I've felt like an outsider looking in and was afraid to post anything because of the fear of being an outsider but thanks to you guys I'm starting to feel like I'm included and part of the group. Thanks guys! I can't wait to meet more S/SS racers so I can learn from the best. I am always amazed when I see a car with a full interior and a stock appearing engine with parts that I don't consider "Performance" parts that runs faster than a gutted out full tilt race car with tricked out parts. If we do get the S/SS classes at our track this year and I, for some reason, don't have a car ready then I will be glad to be a crew guy for any of you or be there to help you in any way that I can...that includes eating your burgers, bratwurst and whatever else I can find...just joking but I will be glad to lend a hand where ever necessary.
speedfreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #42
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Ok Div. 5, 6, & 7 Sportsman racers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak2 View Post
Since the day I signed up for this site, I've felt like an outsider looking in and was afraid to post anything because of the fear of being an outsider but thanks to you guys I'm starting to feel like I'm included and part of the group. Thanks guys! I can't wait to meet more S/SS racers so I can learn from the best. I am always amazed when I see a car with a full interior and a stock appearing engine with parts that I don't consider "Performance" parts that runs faster than a gutted out full tilt race car with tricked out parts. If we do get the S/SS classes at our track this year and I, for some reason, don't have a car ready then I will be glad to be a crew guy for any of you or be there to help you in any way that I can...that includes eating your burgers, bratwurst and whatever else I can find...just joking but I will be glad to lend a hand where ever necessary.
Bruce, you're a great reason why I'm glad I went to that meeting this evening...I had the pleasure of meeting the IHRA Summit Super Series National Champion who's from your area "Chris Hall", the "No Box" Champion. The prizes he earned as a result of his championship far outweigh what Glendora would've paid him (see the my post in the thread Ihra tucson for details). Moreover, now that I know of approximately 16 (plus myself if needed) racers for the Tucson race, it's looking hopeful that this event will feature our cars as well. However, I'm also looking favorably towards the June race at your track, with a likeliness of being able to compete there with my car! I'm glad I came to this meeting, and I was very impressed that Sherry (from IHRA in Ohio), another IHRA rep. (possibly from Va., Oh., or Tx.?), and Chris Hall (from SLC, Ut.), came here to Tucson to speak about the Benefits/Costs for The ET Racers.

I believe the racers here will give IHRA a chance to show what they can offer to their racers, and you already know what they offered the few racers like Paul that were in the combo race. I hope the vote they had will go in Ohio's favor, because if it doesn't SIR will be an independent until Sept., then Bernie will be able to re-join NHRA, but he'll have to spend a few thousand bucks to do so, with no participation in this years ET Finals available. However, if they go IHRA, then doors of opportunities will open that could eventually bring our individuals categories & points to this track next year! Sounds better than the $95 dollar event increase we have now over 2006's entry fees, as well as the loss of .3 sec.'s off of our indexes!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #43
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Ok Div. 5, 6, & 7 Sportsman racers.....

As I posted in the thread "IHRA Tucson", anyone who raced at S.I.R. last year can vote on whether or not to have them go IHRA. Barb is waiting for your call @ (520) 762-9700, during business hours, but the test n tune this Sat. is the end of all voting.

GO VOTE!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #44
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Ok Div. 5, 6, & 7 Sportsman racers.....

And, unless something has changed, they have heads-ups.