HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
Renay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Racing at Indy?

Leo announced that we would try to get a qualifying round in for Super Stock at 9 AM on Sunday. Since every other category actually got a run today, those fields are set. Once Super Stock is qualified, eliminations will start. There was no scheduled announced beyond this.

The weather forecast for Sunday is not good. In fact, several racers have already thrown in the towel and left. I think some of them left more because of the fact that Jay ran every single category today from the top of the rotation - including the snowmobiles - before they pulled Super Stock out. The first three categories had ready been down the track yesterday. Why wouldn't they go to the end of the rotation today instead of starting all over with them again? If that had happened, all of us would have had at least one run down the track by now. We could have immediately started with eliminations tomorrow. I just don't get it....

If we are unable to start eliminations tomorrow, the race will be rescheduled and the fields will be open to anyone at that time. So far, rumor that I have heard has the rain out date tentatively planned for May 22-23. Again, just rumor right now.
Renay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Snowmobiles should be classed for EX. Being from MN, I love them dearly and own 2, but they don't belong on asphalt. Next thing you know, they'll have qualifing rounds for Moped's before the SS cars.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts

Maybe Jay has been drinking the NHRA cool aid too long. I lost alot of respect for him last year at columbus sportsnats when he gave away 5K of mopars money to low qualifier in SS/AH when we all said we would be glad to run the next day. It seems like whenever we had a rain event at a D3 race, they never call it till its dark out. We sit around all day wondering whats going to happen, than they call it at 6 pm.
I am glad I stayed home to work, I made 4 intake manifolds since friday, slightly more lucrative than going to a points meet to try and win 7 rds for 1500.00.
cw
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie westcott View Post
Maybe Jay has been drinking the NHRA cool aid too long. I lost alot of respect for him last year at columbus sportsnats when he gave away 5K of mopars money to low qualifier in SS/AH when we all said we would be glad to run the next day. It seems like whenever we had a rain event at a D3 race, they never call it till its dark out. We sit around all day wondering whats going to happen, than they call it at 6 pm.
I am glad I stayed home to work, I made 4 intake manifolds since friday, slightly more lucrative than going to a points meet to try and win 7 rds for 1500.00.
cw
Charlie Westcott, your still one of my hero's.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #15
Frito

Liked 116 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
cw
X3, Well said but you didn't mention the SNOWMOBILES!!!!! WTF??
Old 04-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #16
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts

I dont really have an opinion on the sleds, I think they keep inviting more classes to fill the void of the people that dont participate in the classes they already have. I think if they had stock, super stock, comp, and one .90 class and one all out dial class like T/D or T/S that would be sufficient. All the bases would be covered. Did they have T/S at indy? thats usually good for some serious crashes based on previous years.
cw

http://hemimilitia.com/Index.html
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:47 AM   #17
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Racing at Indy?

Quote:
I dont really have an opinion on the sleds, I think they keep inviting more classes to fill the void of the people that dont participate in the classes they already have. I think if they had stock, super stock, comp, and one .90 class and one all out dial class like T/D or T/S that would be sufficient. All the bases would be covered. Did they have T/S at indy? thats usually good for some serious crashes based on previous years.
cw

http://hemimilitia.com/Index.html
I agree with you on this (especially having just ONE .90 class.....door cars) but we all know its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They could save a ton of money and time by eliminating the Alcahol classes. No one watches them anyway. Keep the circus acts for the National events if they have to.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,455 Times in 1,957 Posts

Thanks Tim for the report. Good Luck!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #19
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Sleds are a test. Just keep trolling for another "hit" class with its own sponsor to draw entrants and more importantly Entry Money. Look at T/S and T/D. They get Comp treatment or better knowing their time trial times and reserved pits(as I understand). It just keeps diluting the racing to more and more possible classes, with fewer and fewer competitors each.... eliminator. Closer and Closer to ALL RUN type event... if the numbers drop watch for BRACKET cars to fill the schedule(PITS) and maintain the entry money.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #20
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Racing at Indy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Sleds are a test. Just keep trolling for another "hit" class with its own sponsor to draw entrants and more importantly Entry Money. Look at T/S and T/D. They get Comp treatment or better knowing their time trial times and reserved pits(as I understand). It just keeps diluting the racing to more and more possible classes, with fewer and fewer competitors each.... eliminator. Closer and Closer to ALL RUN type event... if the numbers drop watch for BRACKET cars to fill the schedule(PITS) and maintain the entry money.
The class legal cars are getting squeezed out more and more. The T/S and T/ D guys are treated like rock stars just because they have a high dollar delay box equiped bracket car while the stock and S/S guys get it stuck up thier *****. The entrys ($$$$) is why you will never see any of the .90 classes or circus acts cut back. There is only so much room at a race track and only so much time in a day for qualifying shots, eliminations and record runs so why do these ASSociations keep screwing the long time supporters of legal class racing? You have to almost take off a week from work just to run a points race or "Open" these days. If the ASSociations want this crap why dont they put on thier own series and races just for the "monkey" cars and run the snowmobiles in the winter time after it snows?

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 04-25-2010 at 09:15 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote