HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Quiz for Really Bright People

There are only nine questions and I have now posted the answers.

This is a quiz for people who think they know everything!

These are not trick questions.

They are straight questions with straight answers..

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Answer 1: Boxing

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

Answer 2: Niagara Falls . (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Answer 3: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

Answer 4: Strawberry.

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

Answer 5: It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

Answer 6: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

Answer 7: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh

Answer 8: Lettuce.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.

Answer 9: Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

---------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the answers??

Not so fast there sparky...

I will post answers in a couple of days. Until then, no cheating... No Google searches and no Wikipedia searches... unless of course, you want to do that, and then try to look smart.

But remember, people who think they know everything, are particularly annoying to those of us who actually do.

And just in the name of full disclosure, NO, I didn't get them all right.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 05-05-2012 at 11:20 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Quiz for Really Bright People

I tried to hide my answers so others could read past it more easily and answer freely on their own.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Boxing

Niagara Falls (erosion)

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Soybeans, rhubarb?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

Strawberry

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

The bottle has a large opening, and/or small pear?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

dwarf, dwaddle

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

Period, comma, exclamation point, colon, semicolon, ellipsis (my favorite...), question mark, parenthesis, single quote, double quote, apostrophe, dash

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh

Watermelon

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.

Socks, shoes, slippers, sneakers, sandals, stockings, snowshoes, spurs, stilletos, steeltoes, spikes... you don't really "wear" stilts.

Going to bed. Gotta finish taxes in the morning. Bleagh.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

So...... answers?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
nickh

Liked 235 Times in 97 Posts

Okay you expect us Rednecks down here to answer them questions...LOL???

nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would have posted the answers previously, but had a forced .
sabbatical from this site for posting something that was seen as "political"

Will look for my copy of the answers and post back soon.

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. Russian Roulette

All landmarks facing West

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? I give up on this one, I did not know that two vegetables could reproduce

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? The one you spit out of your mouth

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? It is a small pear when it goes in and after time get bloated from absorbing the brandy

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them. Dwarfs Dwelling what to Dwink

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them? .,;:!? Eye kant pro nounce dem

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh Cannabis sativa

sand, sweat, slime, surf, snow, and when you step in s_ _ _

Did I get them right?

Ron Ortiz
U/SA silly quizzes
Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
nickh

Liked 235 Times in 97 Posts

Funny Ron I am still trying to answer #1
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote