HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Pat Joffrion

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default 4-day SportNationals for 2009

In an effort to increase the available track time for more "speciality" and "fun" events, I am considering to ask for NHRA approval to expand the 2009 Cajun SportsNationals to a 4-day event. My thoughts behind this are to allow time for more races within the race. I intend to propose the following:

Wednesday - Test-N-Tune (not a part of the event... run by NPR)

Thursday: 2 qualifying runs for Stock, Super Stock, Top Stock, Top Super Stock, and Jr. Stock
2 time trials for Super Street, Super Gas, Super Comp & Motorcycle
2 qualifying runs for Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, Comp Eliminator

Friday: 1 qualifying run for Comp, Stock, Super Stock, Top Stock, Top Super Stock, and Jr. Stock
Class eliminations in Stock, Super Stock, & Comp
1 time trial for Super Street, Super Gas, Super Comp & Motorcycle
Super categories run eliminations for King of the Bayou purse
Motorcycles run gambler's race

Saturday: 1 qualifing run (or time trial) for late arrivals...
SS/AH Hemi Shootout
CIC combo race for class winners in stock & super stock
Top Stock, Top Super Stock, & Jr. Stock eliminations (starting after 3rd round of CIC race)
Super categories & motorcycles run eliminations in gambler's races
Top Sportsman & Top Dragster Shootout

Sunday: Eliminations as usual

The facts are that we can only run x-number of cars down the racetrack in a day. But, if you do the math, doing a super category race puts the same amount of pairs down the track as giving two time trials does.

Under "the plan", stock & super stock would get 3 qualifying runs in two days before going into class eliminations. The Super catergories would get time trials and two "fun" races before 1st round of the national event. And one more thing... I may be able to squeeze in a gambler's race for the stock & super stock racers on Thursday afternoon.

The way I figure, if I'm spending good money for fuel just to get to an event, the more chances I have to make passes down the track and compete for a gambler's purse, the better chances I will have to get a "feel" for my car before 1st round of the main event.

So guys & gals, let me know how ya'll feel about expanding the event to four days. If it looks good enough, we can go to work to find some sponsors to help out with the additional costs of an extra day.

Pat
Pat Joffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Cool Re: 4-day SportNationals for 2009

pat im not sure i can stand an extra day of drinking and carrying on... but im willing to give it a try !!

jack
Old 12-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Rick4310

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 4-day SportNationals for 2009

I've been going to the points races and nats for the past 3-4 yrs solid and after last years fuel bill and time away from ther business I have to ask myself why?
We ran 2 Ihra events within 5 hrs of the house for a total of 4 races. I left on Friday evening for 1 and thursday evening for another which was a friday/saturday race.
How about adding some racing for the super class cars. Most have been down the track a 1000 times so time trails need to be cut back and races need to be run. With the cost of fuel now its really hard to drive 6-8 hrs to race for $1k when I can go to 1 of 4 dragstrips within an hour of the house and run 2 classes and a purse of $2k for less than the points race entry and sleep in my own bed..
Rick4310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Pat Joffrion

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Rick,

If you notice on the post, the Super categories have a King of the Bayou race on Friday, a gambler's race on Saturday, and the SportsNationals race on Sunday. The "plan" is to give 2 time trials on Thursday, 1 on Friday, then go into class for S/SS and eliminations for the Super categories.

The King of the Bayou is a best package event this year, but proposed for 2009 is an elimations $$$ race. The 4-day event would have 3 days of eliminations for the super categories; and class, Top Stock, Jr. Stock, the class winner CIC race, and a gambler's race for the non-class S/SS entries. I completely understand about the costs to get to a race, and that is exactly my reasoning behind going to a 4-day event with 3 days of racing.

Jack,

I would recommend that you start a "training period" al least one month prior to coming down. Linda & I will be in St. Croix for the next week, and we'll catch up on the forum when we return home.

C-Ya

Pat
Pat Joffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

Hey Pat how about 1 time/ Q run each day and just race . Stk & SS class race may not need any time runs . Its a long ride just for time run laps each of the 4 days . Something to think about . Just my 2 cents .
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote