HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks alot for the good info.

I think what it comes down to is I'll just need to try it. Too many variables in each combination for my small brain-LOL!

Jeff

Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #12
matt beumer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I looked at Sunoco's and VP's web sites to compare specs. on there fuels and the #'s posted above are not the same as the #'s given by the manufacturers on there web sites. The main difference being RVP.
VP C-12 has a RVP of 7.30,
Sunoco Supreme has a RVP of 6.3
Octane #'s are similar 108 to 110
Spec. Gravity are similar .717 to .715

My question is how well does the Sunoco Supreme (BLUE) work in higher compression motors? I.E., 396/375 stocker

THX--Matt

matt beumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Steve Reynolds

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff, I have been using Sunoco for the past two years in my Super Street Nova, and haven't seen an issue with horsepower.
I did have a conversation about the difference in VP and Sunoco, with Mark Kidd of Twin Falls Idaho, who has spent alot of hours testing each fuel on his Dyno, and he claims that the VP in good for approx. 7 horsepower in a high compression test mule.
I still dont see any difference in my case, running 13-1 in a small block Chevy.
However, last year a good friend of mine at the first division race (Div 6), did have a problem with Sunoco passing the fuel check with his L/SA Malibu wagon.

S/ST6608,S/Pro D608
Steve Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #14
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

Steve,
Mark Kidd sees the same HP improvement I have seen in High compression engines. That could be due to VP reformulating the C-12 a couple of years ago. It seems to work better in higher compression engines now. I would assume there is little difference in low compression engines. Lower compression engines might even do better with the lower octane fuel.
In testing I have expereienced a 26 Hp difference in VP C-14 & Sunoco Maximal in the Splayed Valve V-6 I run. This V-6 engine is a very high RPM & high compression engine. It just likes the VP C-14, but makes even more power on VP C-25. Just try the fuel & see if it works for your combination. Each engine & engien combination could be different. I guess that is why VP lists over 50 different fuel mixtures.

Adger Smith
Old 05-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #15
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Steve.

I think my lower compression will make the two fuels about equal.

I am a little worried about fuel check. I guess if we see a big DQ next to my name on the qual sheet in Mission we'll know why-LOL!

I have met your friend with the Malibu wagon-in Boise a few years ago. Good guy!

Jeff

Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:21 AM   #16
Mike Galuk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff, don't worry about passing fuel check. I have been racing with Greg for about four years now and have never seen him fail. Good luck, Mike

Mike Galuk
JOE COOL RACING
Stock-2080

Mike Galuk is offline   Reply With Quote