HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Air Compressor for trailer

Looking to install an on board air compressor. Would need to supply enough air for occasional impact use as well as normal airing tires ect. Whats good? Would like to mount this in front of trailer and plan on piping to back with inside and outside couplers. I've been looking but there's alot to choose from. Anybody have experience doing this? Thanks Joe
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Air Compressor for trailer

I bought the Sears $99 compressor it's light and puts out 150 psi. The tank is only 1 gallon (I think) So I doubt it would be good for air tools.
But for that I bought the Sears 18 volt impact gun It works fine.
$200 for everything and it only ads about 20 pounds to your total weight.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

I just bought a compressor from Sears (Craftsman) and mounted it in the front by the landing gear with brackets that I made. Then I ran a new circuit out of my breaker box down to it and installed a box designed for outside use just in case it gets damp in there. I ended up putting my winch and winch batteries in there too. Instead of removing all the panels inside the trailer to run lines. I am going to run the lines under the trailer with plastic lines like are used on a tractor trailer and mount fittings inside the wheel wells between the tires so they dont stick out the side of the trailer but are still easy to hook the hose too when needed. For a inside hose I will just come up through the floor and mount it inside or onto the cabinet.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

Hey Joe I installed a Dewalt upright in my stacker .I think it is a 20 gal tank it runs anything i need
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Rsmith38

Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

We have used a Harbor Freight 3 gal pancake compressor in the trailer for years. plumbed in with rubber air hose 0with slip coupler) so it can be easily removed.. Ran the air hose under the trailer to the rear with an outside coupler. (recessed in the side panel - but between the wheels under the fender would work! The harbor freight stuff is not professional but with the limited use it gets it works fine and compressors have been on sale for $39
Rsmith38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joe,

I bought the Husky brand from Home Depot for $99 several years ago. It is very light and can be maneuvered anywhere. I thought about plumbing it in the trailer and glad I did not. I have used it outside the garage at the house instead of firing up the big compressor several times. I think it is a 2-3 gallon and quiet too when running.
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Air Compressor for trailer

Joe like you mentioned you want to run an impact .You will need something with CFM and at least 20 gal
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote