HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #21
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 405 Times in 89 Posts
Thumbs up Re: crew chief pro or ifamily

I can't comment on the Ifamily but I have phoned Don a couple of times and he has been great with technical support. Most of us are computor illiterate but his instructional videos make it easy. I would recommend his program to anyone. Look at his customers and their accomplishments.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #22
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: crew chief pro or ifamily

I too can not comment on the other program. I have known Don for 5 Years and use Crew Chief Pro. There was a comment made earlier in this thread "a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while". No one is better at customer service than Don.. I remember 3 years ago in Norwalk Don in the lanes taking calls from customers and people walking up to him with print outs and time slips while he is in his car. I know i like to be focused before i run, Don just smiles and answers the questions.

When Don gets back from a run... there are people waiting for him. With questions and "look at this" I know cause i was one of them...not to bitch, but to show him 3 10.90's in a row and if i could drive a little i would have killed that weekend.

Don thanks for all the help and you have a customer and friend for life.
i have some oreo's too...
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
Randy Balough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As many have already said on here, I have not used the other program. All I know for sure is that Crew Chief Pro has completely changed my racing program. I have never been more consistant with any other program, and I have tried many. Don has continued to upgrade this program to where it is today. I'm not saying there aren't other programs out there that will work. I'm just giving my opinion on what has worked and continues to work for me.

Don's customer service is second to none. I have called Don late in the evening out here on the west coast, and I always get help even though it is quite late where he is. The tutorial he has included in his program is awesome. Anyone that cannot work that system after watching those videos really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a race car.

As one of the very respected racers out here told me once: "There are 2 kinds of people racing, those that use Crew Chief Pro and those that should be"

Nuff said
Randy Balough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
S/P G673

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is the kind of info that i like to see,thanks to everyone for thier coments,it seems that everyone is impressed with dons customer service,but i have heard from a few people that he sometimes makes you feel stupid when you ask a "stupid" question.I myself am not all that computer literate. My son just showed me how to cut and paste after all this time of writing out things on different sites. I did talk to a few people this past weekend at the northwest nationals who use the family software program,thay also had some good points to make. I am totaly confused now.I guess if you look around the track,you DO see more CCP users.now i dont know if thats just because someone markets thier product more or if it is a better product.keep the coments comming.

Thanks,Jason.
S/P G673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
CBS jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I can say is I raced a bracket race the other weekend and ran 6 or 7 10.90s in a row. Last year at the vegas division the car was on WON the race and the division Championship for the third time. Thanks to CrewChiefPro and Don Higgins!
CBS jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
Bob Mendenhall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had been using the Crew Chief Pro 6 for several years but when the new Pro 7.1 became available I upgraded to the newer version. Our first event using the 7.1 was at the SoCal Super Comp event at Fontana on June 26. Up until that event we had never raced the new car in Super Comp so I expected that we would have a rough weekend. The first "time" run was a wasted run, for reasons only the driver knows for certain the engine shut off as he was leaving the starting line. One down and only one more time run to qualify. The second run was based off our Super Gas numbers, that run produced a 8.959. From there I was able to get a grip on the timer tune-up and ran a 8.918 (I was trying to run a "Safe" mid 8.91. Our subsequent runs were:

8.924 (We lost that round by .005 trying to tighten up the race at the stripe, ie. a slight Pilot Failure)

The following weekend we went back to Fontana to run the SoCal ProGas race. Based off the Super Comp set up we qualified with a 9.901 using the Pro 7.1.

Bottom line is that the Crew Chief Pro7.1 is the best piece of equipment in our racing program. I'm not familiar with iFAMILY Software, I have never heard of them. That's not to say anything bad about them, I just never encountered anyone who has used their program. Nearly everyone that races out here, (Southern California), uses the Crew Chief Programs. Don's program and service, coupled with our AltaLab Trailer Station, is all I need. The results from the past two events is enough proof for me.

Again, my comments are not intended to make disparaging remarks about other software programs or Weather / Trailer Stations, just to say that what we have REALLY works.

Bob Mendenhall