HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

Larry, you folks have fun and be safe. I know you will enjoy this trip. I was just thinking how much fun this must be. My wife and I did that in 1971 just before our son, first child, was born. We quit and sold everything after that west coast trip. That was nearing the end of what we recall as the Match Race days and racing every night somewhere. We are now back into racing again with my son and grandsons and yes the same young lady who traveled with me everywhere back then. I am going to Bristol in October will be the first time there in over 35 years.

Again be safe and enjoy the trip. It is really nice of you guys to share your adventure on the web site.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
west coast

Liked 118 Times in 48 Posts

A lot of die hard mopar guys in the northwest you are about to meet at Pacific raceways, I will be there in a Ford. Enjoy the drive Montana is a long state to drive through, the western part and Idaho to spokane are bueatiful as is western Washington. Drive safe.
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Well we stopped and fueled up outside Kansas City and Larry made the first mess of the trip. When he went around to put the nozzle on the other side, the drivers side nozzle came out and spewed diesel all over the side of the truck. So he had to get out the hose and clean it all up. Hopefully that is the worst screw up of the trip. LOL

Hey Paula Cotten, We bought diesel for $2.69 at one of your QTs. We got 7.56 mpg for that fill-up. Pretty good!! Paula, we are looking forward to seeing you and Mike at Sonoma. We will have to try out some of that CA wine!

The topography here in NW MO is rolling hills. Pretty country. Oh Larry said the best cars seen in the weeds so far was a 64 Dodge Polara outside Concordia, MO. Also a 67 Mercury Cougar outside St. Joseph.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

Patsy,,,Not too sure which way you're coming,,,Montana is a long ride through if you're using I-90,,however you may be coming a different way, such as I-80 to I- 84 then to I-5 and north from Portland, still very senic. Let us know how you've mapped it out.
Today its raining and in the 60s,,but better weather coming next week. Enjoy your Fourth of July weekend on the road, I'd love to make a trip like that someday.
Catch you later,,,,Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Put this under the heading of strange things seen on the road: In northern MO--2 people on bicycles towing a canoe on a dolly.

Awful things seen and smelled: In Iowa--corn drowned in the fields from the flooding of the Missouri River. The price of corn whiskey's gonna be up this winter!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #16
roseracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you thought you smelled something bad, just wait until you roll through Sioux City, IA! Referred to as the town of 7 smells. And not one of them is good.

Anyway, if you need to stop near Sioux City, let me know. Enjoy Thunder Valley in Marion, SD. I grew up there as a kid watching my dad race. A lot of good memories there. I know alot of racers planning on racing there this weekend. It should be a blast.

Good Luck and maybe we'll see you in Earlville again.

Thanks,
Brad Rose
Rose Racing
roseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
Tom Meyer

Liked 301 Times in 105 Posts

Going to drive up sat and watch no car yet, will have c12 c11 at the track with Bick and Monty Jones. If I have time I will bring a bottle of wine for miss Hill for her pit reports. Hope to see everyone tomorrow. Tom
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #18
M Cotten

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Patsy, Glad to here you stopped at the QT and had a good experience. I retired from QT yesterday after 35 years. This is my retirement trip, same deal I preferred a racing trip to a cruise. I too look forward to sharing CA wine with you. We are leaving next week to be there early, I will start tasting the CA wines to make sure everything is OK! Keep us posted and safe travels. Paula
M Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #19
Chris Hill

Liked 238 Times in 25 Posts

AT&T may have more bars in more places, but not in Marion, SD!

Mom and Dad made it there Friday afternoon around 4pm, but they have not had cell or internet service since leaving the interstate. They will post when they have coverage again.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #20
Kirk Morgan

Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Smile Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

Not to change the thread, but congrats to Paula on retirement from kirk and the rest of the Div. 4 boys and gals.
Kirk Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote