HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Mark Tallent memorial service

There will be a memorial service/tribute/bash for Mark held this Saturday April the 5th from 3:00 PM until ? Just the way Mark would have wanted it.
Everyone is invited to attend. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at monymkrssla@aol.com

1835 West Ave N-4
Palmdale California 93551
661-265-9899

Also, there has been a fund established at Bank of America to help the family.
You may mail in donations to any Bank of America or do it in person, or mail them to me or Don Keen directly.
Please make checks payable to the below.

Don Keen, sponsor of the Mark Tallent Memorial Fund
Bank of America
Account #1755469451

I am working on a link with Bank of America if you would like to make donations via credit card.

More info when I get it done.
Thank you all in advance for your kindness and generosity towards the Tallent family in their time of need and unexpected loss.

Alex
Alex Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Mark Tallent memorial service

Due to the exorbitant transaction fees that Bank of America wants to charge and web site administrative hoops that the bank wants the family to go through, we have elected to forego the credit card donation link.
Please do not let this discourage you, as you may still make a donation in person at any B of A location, or simply mail in a check or money order to them, Don Keen, or myself.
Thank you all very much for all of your kind words, generosity, and consideration towards the Tallent family.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Mike Hennessay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PayPal would be a good option to use for credit card donations.
Mike Hennessay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks to the many suggestions and requests, we have established a Pay Pal account for Mark's family so that donations can now be made by credit card or E-check.

The Pay Pal "send money recipient" e-mail to make a donation is

IrishDingaling@gmail.com and is being administrated by Julie Dolan, Karen Tallent's best friend.

Thank you all once again.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
Debbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Debbie
Red face Re: Mark Tallent memorial service

Greetings and salutations from the 2nd windy city, Palmdale, California. We attended Mark Tallent's Memorial Service today and, as befitting any event here in the High Desert, the wind blew at 15 knots and the dust fluttered about, but the Memorial was beautiful nonetheless. Many of Mark's fellow drag racing friends, as well as family members and friends of the family, were in attendence. With large screen t.v's on either side of the podium, showing a series of pictures from Mark's life events, and music to set the tone, there was hardly a dry-eye 'in the house'. Thank You to whoever thought of putting all the boxes of kleenex on all of the tables - that was very kind of you...you knew that many tears would be flowing! Art Peterson of "Racers for Christ" gave a wonderful and heartfelt sermon, and many of Mark's friends and family gave speeches, read poems, or said a few words about their friendship and fond memories of Mark.

All of the tasty food items, beverages and treats made the event a nice commemoration of Mark's life and friendship. I am so proud of everyone who had a part in this amazing Memorial. Whether it was to help set up, food preparation, give a speech, or simply be in attendance, your love for Mark and his family was felt and we were all very touched. Fresh tears flowed when Mark's son, Scott, started up Mark's Mustang and let it idle for several minutes. My heart raced every time he reved up the engine. I know that Mark was smilling down on us and I truly felt his presence as we all gathered around his car to pay tribute.

Thank you everyone for helping make the transition into the healing process, for helping ease the pain, knowing that Mark will live on in each and every one of us, in the love we have for him and his family, and the friendships that we made. God bless you all, and Angels all around.

Debbie Calvert
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
7797DONKEEN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Mark Tallent memorial service

I would like to thank everyone that attended the service for Mark. I would also like to thank all of Mark's wonderful friends that helped put everything together. We all worked very hard to make it something that Mark would have loved. He spent so much time at Don's house that it was only fitting to have it somewhere that was almost as good as home. To those of you that posted so many wonderful comments about Mark on the other bulletin that was posted, it made just about everyone tear up. I know when I read them I cried. I have known Mark almost my whole life, and even for me there is a void that can never be replaced. My thoughts and prayers have been with Karen (my birthday buddy) and the kids since the morning I got that call. I called Karen just to tell her I was thinking of her, and I just cried for what felt like a lifetime but maybe a minute, and she just knew what I was trying to say. To them my prayers for strength, to have a reason to live life and just cherrish eachother for many years to come.

I just want to thank everyone again, and as Debbie said it helps with the transition into the healng process.

Prayers and Special Thanks From
Tasha Hardwick
Don Keen's Step Daughter
7797DONKEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

RIP Mark,

Annette and I will miss your late night calls. I wondered why the phone quit ringing. We will always tell the story about you picking up little Annie at the US Class Nationals after everyone tried to calm her, and she quieted down. You held her asleep for over an hour. We kept trying to relieve you, but you insisted on providing her comfort. Your soft spot and your heart was forever revealed.

McCarty Family
Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
Shaunaacattention

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello Everone,
On behalf of my family,
i would like to thank everyone for their support,prayers, And donations they are greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Shawna Tallent.