HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 778 Times in 175 Posts
Default Carry On trailers

Does anyone have any experience with Carry On trailers? I am looking into an enclosed one and would appreciate any feedback or experience with this company. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Mike Gardner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Carry On trailers

Run, dont walk. I have way too much experience with this brand and if you are looking to store something then it is ok. If you are looking to tow a racecar stay away.

The trailer business is a prime example of "you get what you pay for"

Stick to the trailers you see at the track: Haulmark, any Forest River product, Vintage, etc. These cheap trailers are just that, cheap.

Good Luck.

Mike Gardner
Mike Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stay away from Haulmark. I am highly disappointed with mine. For 23k I should have bought a Millinium. If you look at the construction, these are way better. They use a one peice frame rail as the others use a cheap sheet metal for the dove tail. Haulmark advertised that the wiring was 100% run inside, if you look under mine, you see all the light wires. When I took delivery, my hydralic jack wouldn't work, why? Because I didn't order a battery with it. The first time I pulled into a gas station, I just about ripped the back of the trailer off, why? I didn't order drag wheels for it. These things should come standard. Haulmark knows that a 48' gooseneck will drag when going up an incline. And they know that a jack will not work without a power source. The roof and side panels are all wavy. All the screws holding the skin on come loose on a regular basis, and you cna't tighten them up because thay are already stripped out. Done with rant.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
jim powers

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

i have a carry on utility trailer i use to take our golf kart and atv to our house in the mountains, to me they are VERY cheap trailers , at two months old i had to rewire the entire unit, for the money and reliability i don;t think you can go wrong with a vintage, and for your car i would definitely get the heavier axels with 16 inch tires which ever brand you buy
jim powers is offline   Reply With Quote