HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2024, 09:08 AM   #1
Greg Gay

Liked 224 Times in 49 Posts
Default Stock & S/S scheduling

At the Charlotte race, I noticed that Sportsman racers ran first thing in the morning, and then approximately 10 hours later. Scheduling like this seems to have started at the end-of-year Las Vegas divisional years ago, a race that is always facing a time crunch due to the number of cars. Then this sort of schedule started to appear on the west coast national events, whereas the east coast national events would run two or three rounds in the morning hours and finish by noon or early afternoon. Personally, I like the morning schedule and done-for-the-day better. I realize that Pros are the show and we need to be scheduled around them, but I really don’t need to be at the track to watch them. I generally watch one round of Pro Stock qualifying and one pair of nitro cars make a pass, and that is about it. It also makes dinner plans away from the track difficult. What are other people’s thoughts?
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:39 PM   #2
Cglrcng

Liked 129 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Stock & S/S scheduling

Don't ask me, I am and always have been on a very opposite circadian clock than most of the rest of the world, a born Night Owl (I hate mornings and sunshine), I wake up when the sun sets, no matter what time I woke up that day, and I am proudly a Natural Night Racer by preference. And dang hard to beat at the tree when the background is dark.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,500 Times in 1,968 Posts

For us it schedules like you commented on that makes us not miss racing as much. We really miss our friendship’s that we have developed over the years. What I miss most is competing for Class.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:58 AM   #4
GTS340

Liked 1,073 Times in 335 Posts

At the Vegas 4 wide. There was almost 12 hours between most sportsman classes on Friday. I still race with a pick up truck and an open trailer. Not in my world as a fun sport anymore. The month of May is a great weather month. Yet there is no racing in division 7. Who makes these schedules?

Paul H
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:25 PM   #5
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 240 Times in 104 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Schedules like this for the entry fee makes it a tough sell to me. I`ve had more entertainment with high dollar bracket races for way more prize money and in multiple days.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 04:36 PM   #6
Cglrcng

Liked 129 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
At the Vegas 4 wide. There was almost 12 hours between most sportsman classes on Friday. I still race with a pick up truck and an open trailer. Not in my world as a fun sport anymore. The month of May is a great weather month. Yet there is no racing in division 7. Who makes these schedules?

Paul H
The LS West event, and Daisy Festival, too much money involved at Vegas from those 2 events, and it takes a month to even host that last 2 setup, breakdown, multi day festival brings the facility too much cash we cannot compete with Paul, I am in the market for a P.U. and trailer, but want to see you racing too, sty I got in your lane swap way once brother. Looked for you, but could not find you to apologize. Was paying too much attn to my car temp.

Just waiting here for them to reschedule the Mar. 30 bracket event 7, before June, does not look promising so far. That 12 hrs, between passes friday I spent chasing shade everywhere as you cannot hide out in just a car or a P.U.,