HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ted Barnes wins TNT Super Series Friday with record 36 cars!

Ted Barnes wins TNT Super Series at Lancaster Friday night with record 36 cars - Rain wins Leicester Saturday

Sister Act SHOOT-OUT postponed AGAIN - This time to August 23rd!

It was no surprise to see a strong turnout in the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series last Friday night at Elegant Builders Raceway Park in Lancaster, NY. Presented by Jan-Cen Motorsports, the popular sportsman drag racing series saw Caistorville Ontario's Ted Barnes march through the 36 car field to the win and move from ninth to second in the championship points chase. Saturday's event at Empire Dragway in Leicester, NY got rained out and has been re-scheduled for Saturday August 23 along with the Sister Act Band Four Car $1000 SHOOT-OUT.

Qualifying saw one of the tightest TNTSS fields yet with the top 10 cars running better than 7.01 on the 7.00 index. Points leader Jason Vitez picked up the maximum 32 points for a perfect 7.000 qualifying run.

Event winner Ted Barnes qualified fourth with a 7.003 before heading into round one to face Jason Sobczynski. Slight advantage off the start to Barnes with a .512 to a .517, Sobczynski ran off allowing Barnes to coast to the win.

Round two was near dead even on the tree against Paul Cochi (.517 to .516). Barnes won here in a double breakout 6.997 to a 6.956.

Then Pete D'Agnolo went red in round three sending Barnes to face points leader Vitez in the quarter finals. Again, very close on the line (.519 to .516), Barnes held off the 118 mph Camaro taking .006 stripe and the win running 7.015 to Vitez's 7.024.

The semi-final round saw Jamie Stoneman fall in a .003 finish line battle. Barnes lit the beacon here with a .523 / 7.000 package to Stoneman's .525 / 7.002.

That set things up for a final round against Paul Young. The 2009 TNTSS champion couldn't wait, going .487 red and handing the win over to Barnes who ran it out to a 7.009.

"What an awesome night!" said Barnes. "We were making good decisions, had the tree and got lucky when we needed it! Plus my dad, who couldn't be here tonight, was messaging me CLAP, CLAP, CLAP all night long!"

"A huge thank you to Russ & Arlene Parker for coming out of retirement to be here tonight and help with the series." Barnes also happens to be the creator of the TNT Super Series. "Without Joe Boniferro at Joe's Transmission, this series simply wouldn't exist. Eight years in and the car count continues to grow. Just look at tonight's 36 car field - that's a record!"

Barnes was quick to thank Performance Improvements Speed Shops who have long supported their family's racing efforts, recently adding son Jackson's junior dragster to the stable. "PI is a terrific supporter of grass roots racing. And I can't say enough about Scott Conrad horsepower. Scott spent a ton of time on the engine this year, especially in the cylinder heads to improve consistency and did it ever work well!"

Barnes also thanked Boniferro Speed & Custom for drivetrain work, F&M Signs, Hoosier Tire Canada, Top Quality Transmission, MSD Ignition and Altalab Instrument. "Of course I couldn't do this without my wife Cathy behind me, Cassidy & Jackson, my mom & dad and Dave Surmatchewski too."

"I also want to thank the Janis family at Jan-Cen Motorsports for not only presenting tonight, but also for supporting the series since it began."

In addition to the $1000 purse, tonight's win earned Barnes the final spot in The Sister Act Band Four Car SHOOT-OUT now scheduled for August 23 and improved his starting position in this year's REVS Full Throttle Powersports Race of Champions.

"My son Jackson has been pretty successful with his junior dragster this year. Now I can tell him daddy's still got it!"

Specialty Awards
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier
◦Jason Vitez (Elma, NY) with a 7.000
•J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser)
◦Art Jones (Webster, NY) with a 7.009

Next up on the 2014 TNTSS schedule is a pair of re-scheduled races August 22-23 in western New York. Visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com for all the latest news on the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.

Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series - Championship Points Standings (4 of 10 races complete)
1 Jason Vitez 389
2 Ted Barnes 361
3 Tom Coonly 319
4 Harry Phelps 318
4 Harris Phelps 318
6 Jamie Stoneman 314
7 Jeff Sobczynski / Marc Vezina 302
8 Steve McCarrick 294
9 Chris VanBaalen 288
10 JJ Jablonski 286

Last edited by Ted Barnes; 07-22-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Ted Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote