HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 09-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Joe Karosik wins Friday in TNT Super Series!

Joe Karosik wins Friday, Mother Nature wins Saturday AGAIN in TNT Super Series

Jablonski gains ground on leader Vitez in championship points chase!

On one of the coldest race days in years, Joe Karosik of Depew, NY won the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series on Friday September 12th at Elegant Builders Raceway Park, presented by Sam LoVetro Automotive.

As for Saturday's TNTSS event at Empire Dragway, it was washed away due to rain and will be re-scheduled to crown the 2014 champion. A date will be announced in the coming days.

Karosik qualified 16th with a 7.017 then proceeded to slice through the 29 car field with precision... dealing with 48° temperatures and 99% humidity at the Lancaster, NY facility.

The weather conditions on Friday didn't phase the veteran sled racer as he was .020 on the tree and dead zero in round one to push Ron D'Alessandro under the 7.00 index. A bye in round two set him up against Pete Maduri Sr. where Karosik drilled the tree with an .012 and ran 7.010 to a losing 6.965 by Maduri.

In the semi's, Karosik had .010 in hand against Pete D'Agnolo and ran 7.002 to advance to the money round. There he met up with past TNTSS champion David Surmatchewski who was marching his way through both the TNTSS and the Top ET fields.

When the tree came down, Surmatchewski had a slight advantage, leaving first by a mere .005 and then took .008 at the stripe. But it was Karosik who broke out less, running a 6.996 to Surmatchewski's 6.993 for the win.

"First I would like to thank all the series sponsors including Joe Boniferro and Ted Barnes for all their work on presenting this series and Sam LoVetro for sponsoring tonight," said Joe Karosik. "The TNT Super Series is fun, competitive and all its racers have become great friends."

Karosik went on, "I would like to thank my wife Diane and my kids Jen and Steve for their support... and the Sobczynski family Jason, Jim, Jeff and Pete for all their help. Joe Urbino and Jon Jablonski for always answering stupid questions I had when learning how to Hot Rod race. And my only sponsor Delacy Ford."

One race remains in the 2014 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series - Date to be determined. Stay close to http://www.tntsuperseries.com for more information and the wrap up of the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.

Specialty Awards
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier
◦Paul Young (Alden, NY) with a 7.000
•J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser)
◦Jason Vitez (Elma, NY) with a 7.004