HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default AHRA Reunion

Just scanning through the rules for stock and super stock on the AHRA website and I noticed that there is no rules for crate motor stock and no rules for GT super stock....???? It states that the engine must match the body being used so thats a direct hit against all GT SS cars...same as stock...body must match the engine. I was told that they would be following the IHRA format so where is that going to leave us? Also will we need an AHRA membership to run the reunion race?
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
CrateCamaro

Default Re: AHRA Reunion

OHH BTW....i noticed a rule layout for Modified Production. How cool is that!!!!! Might have to borrow one of FJ's old mod motors and jam a jerico in with my old garbage can hoodscoop.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts
Talking Re: AHRA Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCamaro View Post
Just scanning through the rules for stock and super stock on the AHRA website and I noticed that there is no rules for crate motor stock and no rules for GT super stock....???? It states that the engine must match the body being used so thats a direct hit against all GT SS cars...same as stock...body must match the engine. I was told that they would be following the IHRA format so where is that going to leave us? Also will we need an AHRA membership to run the reunion race?
Way too many questions TV; just give 'em that patented grin at the gate and you're golden!!
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

I can't see that the rules are final.. Am I not looking in the right place?
Said they would be finalized after Jan 8... nothing new on my computer after that. ???
Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

Adger,

I think this is GT:

http://www.ahradragracing.com/GT_CLASS.html

ENGINE: V-8 engines only, must be same make as body. Year is optional. Under hood modifications for engine installation PROHIBITED, i.e. firewall, shock towers, frame, etc. All other rules as outlined under SUPER STOCK Engine will apply.

As far as the rules:

"AHRA has announced its proposed rules for the upcoming 2010 season. In doing so, we are openly subjecting all rules and classes to be commented on by the racing community until January 8, 2010. At that time, after giving careful consideration to your feedback, changes can be made, and the final rule book will be published."

What you said is what they said, but there would have to be some time between comments being cut off and the final rules being published.

I sent in some suggestions but did not get any form of acknowledgment, not that I should have expected it.

I did notice that they had dropped Tulsa off the AHRA schedule. San Antonio is still there but the tracks schedule just goes to February.

I hope they can make a go of the Gilliam track.

Bill Lamb
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
SPS

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ok, TV, don't expect that they are going to "re-invent the wheel" as far as rules go.

Secondly, I'm sure we could find you some Modified stuff to "stuff" in your Camaro.
Only thing: no two steps, no electronics.....and can you row a 5-speed?
Bring back modified the way it was....I can almost hear those E and F gas Corvettes leave the starting line still.
Fun times to have been racing.

FJ
SPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
CrateCamaro

Guess we will all have to find out if I have the 70's blood to row a stick

I wasnt expecting them to reinvent the rules...just wasnt sure on how they were gonna run the deal...is it comparable to IHRA, because thats great with me and everyone else im sure.

FJ...when you said you could hear the vettes leaving the line I got chills all through my body...not sure if it was a reaction from the 14 coffee's I drank today or the one chance that I was having an out of body experience pulling second gear at 12,900 RPM 55ft out with my 303in Booth/Arrons headed death trap. Come on 649!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

That was printed on the site in December and the key word is "Proposed" the way I read it. There are some very bad mistakes in the modified section. Rules that counter one another. I don't see a "final rules listing" or a rule book at this time. I noticed there is just 72 days until their Tour starts. How are we going to have time to make any necessary changes if they let us see the final rules 2 weeks before the tour begins. I like what I see and have two cars that could run a couple of different classes, with some changes. I just think it is bad to expect any participation at the first couple of races when holding up the rules that the races will be run by till the last minute. It may be costly for them and some track owners, but I hope everything works for them. Nothing like having some more choices, esp with one track 44 miles from my home.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

As you may have seen when I asked if AHRA was going to bring back the old AHRA Formula Stock (IHRA Stock Production today) I was told:

"Bill, the AHRA is racer friendly and will be having classes that everyone can fit in. You will see that although the classes may be titled some what differently than years past, those classes will exist and will be ruled towards those classes with modern updates."

Hopefully that will be the case, but like you said they have a lot of clean up to do to make this statement conform with the rules.

Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote