HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jon Jablonski dominates the TNT Hot Rod field at Dunn Tire Raceway Park!

Win moves Jablonski from 11th to 5th in 2008 points standings!

LANCASTER, NEW YORK (August 12, 2008) If you looked at the weather forecast, you would have thought staying home on Aug 8th was a good call. With rain all around the racetrack, some of the best racers in the Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series – TWENTY of them – ventured to Dunn Tire Raceway Park for the 4th of 9 events on the 2008 TNT schedule. At the end of it all, it was Jon Jablonski from West Seneca NY who dominated the field on what turned out to be a terrific night of drag racing presented by The Balancing Act.

After qualifying 4th with a 7.003, first round saw Jon meet up with Kirk Parry and take the win with a 6.999 in a double breakout. Then Tom Coonly lit the red bulb handing the automatic win to the orange ‘91 Jimmy. Third round was a squeaker with Jon cutting a near perfect .501 light against Gary Stowell and then running a 7.039 to Stowell’s 6.996 breakout – Jon’s margin of victory here was a mere .004 (approx 10 inches). This earned him the bye run in the semi-finals – a free pass into the final round. There he met up with Bill Elekes, who just happens to own the ‘91 Jimmy that Jon was driving. Unfortunately for Bill, Jon cut the tree down with a .501 light. Jon’s 7.010 ET @ 106 MPH was tough to beat – an .011 package usually is. But Bill was no slouch on the tree either. He cut a .510 light and then broke out trying to take the stripe, running a 6.997 ET @ 114 MPH. Jon’s margin of victory here was only .002 (approx 5 inches at 106 MPH). That’s a tight race!

Jon was quick to thank Bill Elekes, his daughter Stephanie and family. He also appreciates the support from Jeff Gregoire, Jason Vitez, Steve Sell and Keith & Amy. Jon wanted to thank his mother for all the encouragement she has given him. “The people from Franklinville were here tonight too. They brought me good luck!” commented Jon in the winner’s circle. “And I needed it – especially in round 3 against Gary Stowell. I had him covered but then I let him by me at the stripe. Just lucky for me that he broke out!”

This win catapults Jon in the 2008 Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series points standings – moving him from 11th all the way up to 5th place! Bill Elekes also improved his position – now sitting in the 4th spot.

Number one qualifier was none other than “Mr 7.00” himself, Jamie Stoneman – who posted a perfect 7.000 in his ‘93 S10 to take the $50 Hoosier Tire Canada certificate home.

The other TNT event this past weekend presented by KC Auto Parts at Toronto Motorsports Park (Sunday Aug 10th) was cancelled due to rain. Keep an eye on www.tntsuperseries.com for a re-scheduled date to be announced shortly.

The next Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series event is Friday September 5th at Dunn Tire Raceway Park. Visit www.dunntireracewaypark.com for more information.

Current TNT points standings after 4 of 9 races complete:

1. Ted Barnes, Canfield ON 304 (4/9)
2. Jamie Stoneman, Cheektowaga NY 270 (4/9)
3. David Surmatchewski, Oakland ON 246 (4/9)
4. Bill Elekes, West Seneca NY 221 (3/9)
5. Jon Jablonski, West Seneca NY 194 (2/9)
6. Wayne Sipos, Binbrook ON 182 (3/9)
7. Gary Stowell, Macedon NY 173 (2/9)
8. Jason Vitez/Passero, Stevensville ON 166 (3/9)
9. Paul Young, Alden NY 143 (2/9)
10. Sam Lovetro Jr, Webster NY 127 (2/9)
Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jon Jablonski dominates the TNT Hot Rod field at Dunn Tire Raceway Park!

thanks ted as always ,nice job with the series.