HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
Tar Heel

Default Re: Pro-Line enclosed trailers?

Well, they won't let you pick up one of their trailers and bring your own wheels. So the only option with them is to purchase the trailer for $3900, the 5200# axle upgrade for $600 and then the required 6-lug 15" wheel and tire upgrade for $680 bringing the total cost to $5200. You could bring it home and either drive it until the tires wore out or sell them immediately and put on your own 16" wheels and tires. I did find many places online that sell 16" wheels with and without tires so they're easy to find.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
offroadr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let us know what you end up doing!
offroadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadr View Post
Let us know what you end up doing!
I believe I'm going to purchase it, keep an eye on the tires, and when it comes time for new tires purchase 16" 6-lug aluminum wheels with heavy-duty 16" tires. I have a hard time believing that no ones owns an enclosed trailer with 15" wheels and tires.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
offroadr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
I believe I'm going to purchase it, keep an eye on the tires, and when it comes time for new tires purchase 16" 6-lug aluminum wheels with heavy-duty 16" tires. I have a hard time believing that no ones owns an enclosed trailer with 15" wheels and tires.
I agree considering 90% of them sold have 15". Don't overload it and make sure they are good quality tires.
offroadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadr View Post
I agree considering 90% of them sold have 15". Don't overload it and make sure they are good quality tires.
Good point. I've thought the same thing. If that many are sold with 15" tires, 100% of people aren't switching them right away. The trailer is 3500, the car is 3200, and we only plan to carry an average tool box. No pit scooter, generator, etc. at this time. So I think we'll give it a go and see what happens.