HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 AM   #41
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

are left with nepotism and the extremely rich as the face of auto racing, as opposed to the most talented or entertaining.

Grand Prix racing comes to mind, only the very rich, but, they have a lot of fans and no 200 races a year. Example, the Redskins had RFK stadium, 55,000 people only and a waiting list of 20 years to get season tickets. Fast foward, new 100,000 seat stadium, still have seats available for season ticket holders. NHRA has way to many events a year, just like NASCAR, pro baseball, basketball and football. Flood the market, then interest wanes.
Might add, the sponsors won't spread themselves to thin either with fewer races.

Last edited by Coleydog; 11-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #42
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

Excellent explanation of many "sports" current predicament---Now the big question is how do you solve the problem??? I agree most kids today have absolutely nil interest in any form of any thing to do with automotive, unless a family member was involved either now or previously. The entire US is no longer a car culture, cars for the average person are impossible to work on, and the interest is not there. Cars are no longer an extension of a persons personality as in days past they simply are a mode of transportation from one place to the next.
SOCIAL MEDIA has replaced cars and many other past interests.Kids rarely go outside to play they are glued to video game monitors, computers or CELL PHONES-- Every kid in my area has a cell phone. They don't even call and talk to their friends they TEXT---CONSTANTLY!!!!

They come to my house the cell phones are turned off when they come in the door!!!! You want to use your phone GO HOME--nothing is that important that a teenager needs to be looking at their phone all the time--

I thought the video was spot on and offered the explanation of what happened, how it happened and what caused it to happen and gives little hope of rectifying the current situation in the future--FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #43
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Start allowing foreign makes and you will see a resurging grassroots interest in Stock and SS.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #44
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fahey View Post
Start allowing foreign makes and you will see a resurging grassroots interest in Stock and SS.
I doubt that !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #45
troublemaker427

Liked 65 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I doubt that !
Yeah, the import series did so well....LOL
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #46
Barry Polley

Liked 553 Times in 229 Posts

Quote:
^^LMAO! Think it was the NOPI Drag Series ?? for Imports that didn’t make it. NASCAR has ONE Import and it’s not saving them.

Next....
Liked
Old 12-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #47
Andy Friar

Liked 220 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
For me the core question is why are we comparing the two? Is drag racing's grassroots track's programs as strong as the local roundy round tracks? Do we even have spectators at local drag strips like we had in the '60s and '70s?
For me it's apples and oranges.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Nascar loosing popularity at the top 4 levels is like the NHRA and the pro levels. But what does that have to do with the S/SS guy on here that goes to work every week and maybe, if they are well off, 8-10 Nats & Div's combined. but most of us are 5 total or less. I have no belief that the NHRA will get better or change much in the next 10 years, I don't have the time or finances to lobby them to change or start my own deal. So I just try to get everyone I know with kids to bring them to the local track and hang out at our trailer to get them hooked so the sport has a future. I can do that, and I do that part of it.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #48
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

While many portend dark days ahead for NHRA we can at least hope they remain viable as a sanctioning body. Face it, there a lot of great tracks run by good promoters who successfully run all kind of events...10.5, No Prep, Radial Wars, etc. and yes, even imports. As long as the Association races remain in play perhaps NHRA will eventually recognize, market and reward Class Racing and today’s youngsters will be drawn to it. Heck, if they even listened to their own announcers like Reinhart they’d understand and appreciate what they already have. Having other companies foot the bill for categories like Factory Stock, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, etc while they pay big salaries to a legion of bureaucrats is shameful. Would bet if you asked each of them what NHRA’s mission statement is you would get different answers. Government fails because it serves the bureaucrats instead of the people....ditto for NHRA. But let’s keep lobbying NHRA and our Division Directors, support SRAC and race whenever we can.

Last edited by jmcarter; 12-01-2018 at 12:23 PM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #49
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,790 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Dan, you picked a heck of a week to quit smoking crack! Stock and SS have no problem whatsoever with "grassroot interest"!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #50
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker427 View Post
Yeah, the import series did so well....LOL
No one likes the smell of burning rice !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked