HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Unhappy Re: dissatified fan

Question???????????? The difference between the MAFIA, and the NHRA ? The MAFIA takes care of there own......... John Lang
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #12
savoyracer

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: dissatified fan

Just an observation!! Been noticing that the car count in top fuel has been steadily dwindling as this season progress's, and at topeka only 15 showed up for the 16 car field. Maybe a sign of the times, maybe other teams and perhaps corporate America have started to abandon ship. we might be lookin at 8 car fields next season. Also seems like funny cars are starting to have fewer DNQ's on their list now. might be starting in the same direction. Just a thought!!
savoyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #13
Don Himes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: dissatified fan

Savoy Racer, and anybody else that thinks that way. Here's a news flash for you....THE ONLY PEOPLE NHRA CARES ABOUT ARE THE SPECTATORS! As long as enough of them show up, the association would probably like an 8 car field for pros. That way they spend less on payouts, maintenance, and services. More profits. The only thing ya'll have to remember is THEY DON'T CARE.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #14
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Question Re: dissatified fan

Don -- Tear-down barn ? I don't think so -- that's usually for racers who actually spend money and work on their cars........As for winning class its' become more meaningful since the combining of the Carb and FI classes . Instead of knocking the NHRA why don't you remember some of the good things they've done for you in the last 35 or so years that you were a member .
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
Don Himes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: dissatified fan

Your correct, Jack, I have had a lot of fond memories over the last (oh my gosh) 41 years. You race in a division where the director still "Gives a Damn". And I'm not saying that there isn't a bunch of great and caring NHRA employees. It's just that none of them live in Glendora, Ca. The best tech man in the world can't do very much with his hands tied. I'd like to appologize if it seemed I was going "over the edge". I guess my meds arn't kicking in the way they should anymore. The organization is great, Now we need some great people to run it!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
Bart Kilraine

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Don ,I don't take "Meds"yet,but if Div.1 ran NHRA and the "Keystone" Nationals ,there would still be a 140 car field entered in Stock ! Decisions made on the left coast suck.Bart
Bart Kilraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Himes View Post
....THE ONLY PEOPLE NHRA CARES ABOUT ARE THE SPECTATORS!
Bingo! Anybody paying attention during the failed buyout of NHRA by HD Partners found that out when NHRA was forced to lift their skirt and show the world their financials. NHRA's dream would be to have ZERO fuel cars show up with a grandstand full of spectators. Obviously, that wouldn't happen in the 21st century. But, if the stands are full, NHRA is happy.