HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default dissatified fan

Just read a letter on Competition Plus from a fan in Arkansas to NHRA.Go over there and read it.The guy hit the nail right on the head.

Ed F.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Rich Aman

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: dissatified fan

http://www.competitionplus.com/index...=6669&Itemid=6
Rich Aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

How many racers complain ? I would love to read the response to that letter from the NHRA bean counters !
Old 06-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
BCRACING7469

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boy, he hit the nail on the head. Maybe a copy should be sent to all the event sponsors or serires sponsors. Then maybe when they put some pressure on the bigwigs at the helm, the fans will get a better show and the racers will be taken care of--instead of being treated like a red-headed step child. Just my .02 cents
BCRACING7469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: dissatified fan

Here it is:

A LETTER FROM A DISAPPOINTED FAN Print E-mail
Written by CompetitionPlus
Sunday, 01 June 2008

The following letter was sent to the National Hot Rod Association by Jeremy Farmer of Malvern, Arkansas, an admitted lifelong fan of NHRA drag racing. Farmer copied CompetitionPlus.com on his letter and provided his blessings for publication. - Editor

Dear NHRA,

I’m not writing this letter because I necessarily expect anything to be done about it. I just feel like I owe it to the sport that I have loved for so many years to do this. I’m not expecting things to change, but as a huge fan of the sport, I don’t know what else to do.

I have been a fan of NHRA drag racing since I was 5 years old. I was sitting in the stands with my dad, and out of nowhere, this guy named John Force comes and sits in the stands next to us, and watches sportsmen qualifying. I have attended at least one event per year ever since that day.

As I’ve grown up, I’ve admired the NHRA Drag Racing Circuit. I have found myself in front of my TV (many times with a group of friends) yelling for my favorite drivers. I have dealt with the 1000% humidity at Topeka, Memphis and Dallas, and have found myself paying for one of those really good hamburgers on numerous occasions. (You know, the $8 ones.)

I have fond memories. Buster Couch chasing and cussing out a dog at Topeka because it had snapped at him. John Force in the stands. Steve Johnson breaking his leg at Topeka. Qualifying lasting until midnight at Memphis. And many others.

I have always been an advocate of what the NHRA has represented, and stood for. Until today.

I have found myself in complete disbelief as I read what is happening with the sport that I love so much. The complete lack of leadership is appalling to me. I hear about how NHRA wants to make ‘the show’ better, but in the end, it seems as though all NHRA cares about is money.

There is much to be said about businesses taking care of their customers. As a customer of the NHRA, I am saddened and sickened with what I am seeing. Nitro shortages. Lack of planning. Lack of being willing to work with other people. Increase of ticket prices. Increase of managements salaries. And the seeming absence of answers.

I was watching the finals in Bristol, and saw empty stands for the finals. Of course rain was the cause. But I think those stands are something that you need to look at and consider. You are headed to that place if you forget about your customers. More and more people are becoming disgruntled. I don’t have people over anymore, nor do I talk about how great the NHRA is. Frankly, I’m embarrassed.

The NHRA likes numbers and money. So you should consider these.

Here is the cost of losing a single customer:

68% of customers are lost because an organization didn’t handle their complaint well. The percentage is staggering but true!

US News and World Report found that:
-1% of customers leave because someone in the company dies
-3% change location
-5% make other friendships
-9% go to competition
-14% are dissatisfied
-68% leave because of bad service

It gets worse. Research shows that out of 25 dissatisfied customers:
-One customer complains
-24 are dissatisfied but don’t complain
-6 of the non-complainers have “serious” problems
-The 24 non complainers tell between 10 and 20 other people about their bad experience

From a pool of 25 customers, between 250 and 500 potential customers learn about bad service. If 500 people choose not to come back, you are losing $52,000 in ticket costs for general admission at Topeka, and thousands of dollars in concessions as well. If you apply this (on average) to all 24 races, the NHRA is losing over $1.24 million dollars. You are also losing TV ratings, among other countless things. Not to mention your reputation. Do you understand the implications of these unresolved issues?

You are dealing with a problem of epic proportions. I am the one who is complaining. You should worry about me. But you should worry even more about the 24 others who aren’t. (And apply this statistical analysis and loss of money to the thousands of fans you have who are disgruntled).

I am hoping that NHRA will get better. The answer is there. The future is in front of you. And the choice is yours. Please don’t screw this up.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Farmer
Malvern, Arkansas
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
Don Himes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: dissatified fan

What, exactly is Mr. Farmer complaining about that could help sportsman racing. We don't use nitro (well not yet anyway). NHRA not listening? Hell, they never listen! There are no racers left in the NHRA management now. There's a reason Wally set NHRA up to be not-for-profit or non-profit (Julie, help me out on this one). The racing public is not being serviced properly. It hasn't been since Tom and the storm troopers took over, so what's going to change now?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Exclamation Re: dissatified fan

Don -- Sounds like you'll be spending more time with Ed Fernandez racing with the IHRA ..............
Old 06-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs down Re: dissatified fan

nothing! nothing will change without a large large union of dissatisfied sportsman racers who take on this growing problem. will there be a show without sportsman racers? no because n.h.i.v. will not foot that bill.sportsman are and always will be the grass roots of all of this .there will be an added % of racers who are now not going due to the fuel "tipping point".how much more can we take.. i hope for all of our sake "09" shows us relief! my .02
Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Don -- Sounds like you'll be spending more time with Ed Fernandez racing with the IHRA ..............
Jack;
You going to MIR in 2 weeks to the Presidents Cup?If so see you there.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
Don Himes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: dissatified fan

Why do you say that, Jack? Are you going to tell on me? Will I be made to sit in the corner of the tear-down barn, while they torch my race car? You know, there are far worse things in this world than racing with the IHRA. You win class and 5 officials shake your hand and congradulate you and then they actually thank you for showing up at their event............those bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!