HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
Marc Kinton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Michael Beards most amazing win ever

wow...way 2 go Michael...that is impressive!

Marc Kinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #22
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Thank you -- all of you! This weekend was the most unbelievable weekend of my life.

THANK YOU:
- Herb McCandless, Jr. and Piedmont Dragway for the second entry. I was just going to go single, but when Herb's driver couldn't make it, he allowed Randy Larson and I to use those entries to double up. (Oh, BTW... 3-$5K's and 2-$1K's for $197 July 4th weekend at Piedmont. BE THERE!)

- Rodney Finchum for welding up my header. I broke the #4 header tube first thing on Friday... cracked ALL the way around. I used two Mountain Dew cans and two hose clamps to get through the day. After getting beat at six cars, we put it on the trailer, and Randy and I got the header pulled in (relatively) short order. Finchum welded 'er up inbetween rounds of the gambler's race! You're too cool, man.

- Randy Larson, self-proclaimed pit b*tch. I very literally could not have physically done it without your help. Leaf blower for the trans, box fan for the motor, and my battery charger. We ran the *snot* out of the Volare, making runs as close as 7 minutes apart, timeslip to timeslip. It was crazy.

- Scott Macy for the loaned rear end after I hurt a ring & pinion last week. Even if he did ask for it back in the semis. Scott's been my go-to guy for a large number of projects on this car, emergency and otherwise, from wiring to transmissions and rear end setup, and more.

- Bristol Dragway staff... it was a blast and an honor working with y'all from the announcer's booth last year, and from the driver's seat this year it was even more impressive. I run 9" M/T radials on my car, and the 60's varied a total of two numbers in 38 runs over the course of 3 days (and that's including the slow ones when I had my cobbled patch job on the header!) Simply amazing.

- Steve Stites and Jared Pennington. What can we say? Everyone appreciates what you've done for your fellow racers so much, from putting together an absolutely top-notch event to having to sit on the sidelines and watch your creation unfold round after round with the best footbrake racing on the planet.

- To all those who had a hand in the extras for the event - Jeg's, BTE, Mickey Thompson, and all of the other sponsors, Bug McCarty and the ladies who kept us hydrated in the lanes, Brandon Bailey, Fern, and everyone involved.

And of course, to all my sponsors - Duck Tape brand duct tape, Mickey Thompson, K&N Filters, Bradley Auto Parts/Bumper-To-Bumper, Bearden Oil Co./Sunoco Race Fuels, Joe Gibbs Racing Oil, Sloan Racing Engines, Macy Motorsports, Billy Nees Race Cars, my dad Stephen Beard, and my teammates Matt Zapp and Terry Knott. Heck, EVERYONE!

I never would've imagined pulling off something like this. Been driving the same as always... just goes to show that anyone can do it. It's impossible for all those close races to fall one way, yet they did.

Congrats to Bob Tatum and Scotty Richardson for your wins.

Thanks to Angela Macy for the awesome pics and video, and Robert Ellison for more great pics!

Hope I didn't forget someone!

NOTE: This post is being made more than 24hrs after the race. At the time the race was over, we added another oxymoron to the likes of "athletic scholarship" and "jumbo shrimp"... "Beard, speechless."

About all I could come up with was "OH. MY. GOD."

Thank you, everyone, for being a part of an unbelievable weekend I will never forget.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #23
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 132 Times in 48 Posts
Cool Re: Michael Beards most amazing win ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Pennington View Post
Only if he is smart Myron lol. I haven't seen you in years. I hope things are going well for you sir.
Well, I haven't been doing well so far this year in racing. A Mopar bracket event this past weekend didn't help either. Then to make matters worse, you call me "sir"! lol I see/hear your name enough so I guess your doing ok. I may get out to a big ET event one day again. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #24
Sean Haning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Haning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
A Mopar bracket event this past weekend didn't help either.
Well considering how well you did last year at said event, your still batting .500. lol
Old 05-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Then to make matters worse, you call me "sir"! lol
You? People have started calling me Mr. Beard! (That's still my father, not me) Not sure if it was the race, or the grey starting to creep in on the sides... ;-)
Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #26
donald j raiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great job mike!!!!

dj raiser
donald j raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
RevRup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Michael Beards most amazing win ever

Michael,
Without a doubt...you ARE the man!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Have a Great Year!
Joe Sannutti
RevRup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
Todd Bailey

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Am I seeing or not seeing any tire smoke when Michael is doing his burnout in the video?

Maybe that eye check-up is getting closer than I thought.
Todd Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #29
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Michael, you are one badddddddddddd footbraker, great, I mean an amazing feet.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #30
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Todd, you're not seeing any smoke. Michael does girlie burnouts.
Angela Macy is offline   Reply With Quote