HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #11
kansas stocker

Liked 223 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: The answer to indexes, and performance.

I too don't see what lowering the indexes will do to help anyone. It's a bracket race if you are not racing someone in your class and if you are it's a duck walk if you are a second under and they are just barely running the index. Make no difference to me but I can think of a couple of good racers that will be staying home.
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: The answer to indexes, and performance.

Gary Parker, you have a very valid point, and I see where you arer coming from. But with the recording of all incrimental times it would be easy to filter out that problem. The guys with the fast cars lift early and still can predict their 1/4 mile ET times due to the incrimental factor of their previous runs and that particular run. By lifting they protect their HP factor, and still know how fast they are. But with the incrimental recording, so will NHRA know.

If the trigger is eliminated, everyone can run it out the back door. Sure, we'll see who the really fast guys are, but it does'nt matter if they are. This will put the whole Stock category where it needs to be. Lifting on a run to protect yourself is an embarrasment to the sport. Stock is a performance based category, let it be a performance category.

Lets say someone is really flying. The others in his class are told to work harder on their combos if they want to keep up. It takes money to do that, you are not going to get under the hood and start tweaking stuff and pick up that 2 tenths needed to keep up. No, your going to have to open up that wallet and get better stuff. Sure, spend $5,000 to pick up four hundreths, maybe add another $3,000 for another two hundreths. Hey, I've got a message for all you out there with that I've got money attitude, work on your stuff, pick another class, or go home. First get your nose out of the clouds, remove your head from your rectum, and spend that money by protesting the guy that is flying. Is he legal to be going that fast? Probably not. If he is though, maybe you might want to look around and buy some intelligence and applicability techniques, because that probably is the difference, not the money.

After about a year everything will pan out. The legal fast guys will be on top where they should be, the illegal ones will be out, NHRA will see the data and make the corrections to bogus combos, and the fields should be getting pretty level.

And what about the ones that are'nt fast like myself? Well, I need to start my application theory, start working on my stuff harder, spend my little bit of money wisely, and most of all, avoid liked classed cars in eliminations.

Bottom line, eliminate the trigger and lets have some fun again.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Please send cash.