HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

You better talk to your Div director........
They do NOT all follow the same criteria. I've been places where I had to make one run. I've been places where I only had to show an attempt to make a run. (stage the car, car broke, got grade point.)
I've been places where passing tech was all that was needed.
Maybe in the last two years they've all come to follow the same criteria. You better ask.

"The less I race the crankier I get..."
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
Jeff Lee

Considering the difficulty in racing a NHRA national event, even in your own backyard, I would suspect most would not condone "buying" grade points as indicated here.

NHRA #7494 SS/H
1970 AMC AMX 390
"Best Appearing" @ NHRA '06 Pacific Sports Nationals
Arizona's BEST Realtor supports racers!
Now celebrating 14 years as a Realtor,
Call me @ 602-418-9797 or JeffLeeAzRealty@Qwest.net
Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 AM   #13
Bushwacker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If all was fair in love & war ...I might agree ... But it isnt even close to being fair!!!
Im down south I have 1 NHRA track 160 miles away , the next closest track to get a grading point is 400 miles. Im right between 2 divisions South Eastern & South Central we get 13 chances to get grade points .We dont have National Opens to get points. North Central & North Eastern combined have 26 chances to get points. Thats a 2-1 advantage . Somebody needs to do something to bring NHRA & IHRA racing to the south ... It could be a big hit .
I use Nascar as an example Where was it started ????? How about down SOUTH!!!! Go Figure. I expect to hear all the golden spoon fed babies from the East coast to jump up & holler if you dont like it move up north then.
Thats the typical response on here from the folks that allready have an advantage & dont want to race on a level playing field. I dunno about you but I
had a different kind of upbringing... There is no glory or satisfaction in winning if
you cheated or used an unfair advantage.
Its called Fair play.

I will climb off my soap box now.

Ford-Lite
Half the Cylinders & No Carbs
Bushwacker is offline   Reply With Quote