HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #21
Greenlight

Liked 70 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Donate to the NHRA Museum? Really?

2011 ~ 2016 NHRA Museum Tax Return summary

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/943021388

Some of their, "net fund raising" over the years has resulted in negative (-) dollar amounts.

And what's with their "sale of assets"?
Greenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:12 PM   #22
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Darts View Post
I donated $1,000.00 dollars. My 318 4 bbl combo -15 HP. Best $ I ever spent.
Maybe AH guys could throw in a few bucks to keep their milled off intake flange heads !! Get out your mini broach !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #23
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Jordan View Post
The museum is a separate organization from NHRA, a 501(c)(3) organization. The funds don’t mingle.
Maybe NHRA should make a donation to it's own Museum then.
Liked
Old 12-30-2018, 10:32 AM   #24
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

Maybe the perception here is too harsh and undeserving. It seems that the museum was started to honor the history of NHRA and the work of Wally Parks, which is a good thing. Also, none of the revenue is given to NHRA. In fact, it seems that while "NHRA" is in the name of the organization, they are not the "owners". It is a separate, stand alone entity whose purpose is to support and preserve the museum. The latest financial reports shows a salary compensation of only $48K, which is more than reasonable for the amount of work it would take to manage the operations for a whole year. The original organization papers were signed by Cary Menard, and that speaks very positively to me. While I am not encouraging anyone to donate, I do not think the museum deserves to be vilified as a money-sucking ploy of the NHRA. If you have ever been there, it is an honorable representation of the history of NHRA drag racing and of the efforts of Wally Parks and the many men who worked to build the sport.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #25
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Thank you for the education Dwight.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #26
Don Sofranko

Liked 111 Times in 28 Posts

I always have a good time at the museum, and the last time there really enjoyed the Mickey Thompson exhibit. Its amazing how many things that guy was involved in. He did more in his lifetime than a dozen other racers. My only wish would be to see a little more content for sportsman door cars. There rarely seems to be a Stock, SS, Modified, or Comp car. I think the Melrose Missle might be one of the few cars. Maybe that's because no one has donated or loaned a car? Its always dominated by nitro class cars. Does anyone remember seeing a good class car exhibit there?
Don Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #27
B/S 428

Liked 107 Times in 23 Posts

The two times I've been there was awesome, the entry is discounted/free, depending on the time of day, with nhra membership card, they also had a car show out front in the parking lot that was free also. I would highly recommend going and I always put a little money in the donation box. Brian Seaberg
B/S 428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #28
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
Maybe the perception here is too harsh and undeserving. It seems that the museum was started to honor the history of NHRA and the work of Wally Parks, which is a good thing. Also, none of the revenue is given to NHRA. In fact, it seems that while "NHRA" is in the name of the organization, they are not the "owners". It is a separate, stand alone entity whose purpose is to support and preserve the museum. The latest financial reports shows a salary compensation of only $48K, which is more than reasonable for the amount of work it would take to manage the operations for a whole year. The original organization papers were signed by Cary Menard, and that speaks very positively to me. While I am not encouraging anyone to donate, I do not think the museum deserves to be vilified as a money-sucking ploy of the NHRA. If you have ever been there, it is an honorable representation of the history of NHRA drag racing and of the efforts of Wally Parks and the many men who worked to build the sport.
Might have been to quick and uninformed to complain, not knowing they were separate. Thanks for the insight Dwight.