HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Olympic rule to be carried over to stock

When they call you to the lanes, get up there right now. If your competitor is lagging past final call, for whatever reason, tell the lane directors you are here as instructed and if your competitor is not ready and demand a single.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #22
Carl Weisinger

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Olympic rule to be carried over to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by C and W Racing View Post
I started this thread as a joke, but the fact of the matter is, there are racers that are very inconsiderate for their fellow competitors. Like Danny said, disrupting schedules, (even when it's apparent that weather, etc) could hinder how the day is going to turn out, to the racers that may be impacting the guy that may be racing in 2 classes and knowing that stockers and super stockers have to go across scales and fuel check. Personal experiance, I was racing in Super stock and Super Gas last year at an event and the guy I was racing knew I was still in in both classes. While Super Stock was getting paired up, they called Super Gas. He made sure we were the last pair to go down the track and they were pulling Super Gas out as we were going down the track. Was that showing any sportsmanship? I don't think so, and I'm sure its happened to many others.
Chuck
Well,......? Did you beat that unsportsmanlike guy or not?
Carl Weisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #23
Carl Weisinger

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts

At the Orlando LODRS event this year we were having all kind of transmission trouble in
our Super Stock car. Friday we discovered the one in the car was hurt. We put another one in and when we tested it we found the second transmission was locking up when shifted into 3rd gear. We had to send someone to Daytona to pick up a 3rd transmission and we got it and started putting it in early Saturday.

Saturday we missed the early session of two scheduled qualifying sessions. It was announced that the last qualifier had been scrubbed and instead we would be running first
round. The point is, we were not on the qualifying sheet. But, since the a session was cancelled, and we were teched, the NHRA race procedures allowed for us to be placed on the ladder. Super Stock was already running first round as we thrased like crazy to get the transmission switch completed and I was literally suited up, belted in, engine running and having an internal hissy fit while the guys were putting the last few
quarts of transmission fluid in. When we finally got to the lanes we found our scheduled
opponent waiting on us at the rear of a line of singles to give us the most time possible
to make the round. THAT is good sportsmanship. (Thanks Merrill)
Carl Weisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

To answer your question Carl, no I didn't. I went red. The racer I mentioned is very well known and was in the lanes only a few cars behind me with 20 plus cars behind him. When we flipped for lanes I asked him if we could go on down. There were probably 15 or so pairs already in the lanes. He said he would be right down and then waited until every other car was in the lanes. The guy I was racing in super gas waited for me to get there. Then as it turned out, I waited for him. When he went to start his car it backfired and caught on fire. I waited for them to get the fire out and get strapped back in, even though the officials were telling me to pull out. I could have pulled out and gotten an easy win, but I chose to do the right thing. On the other hand the super stock racer chose to do the wrong thing, and because of that, super gas couldn't be finished up until I got there and that backed up the rest of the program.
Carl, I also agree that there are some standup guys that wait for the right reasons, not looking for a free round.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

I've raced a lot of years (40+) and in my experience the vast majority of racers are more like Merrill (agree with Carl on his sportsmanship) but we all know who the racers are that play all sorts of games. The beauty of being on a ladder beginning round 1 is there really shouldn't be any surprises.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote