HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Garage Tech

Old 11-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Sean Marconette

Liked 160 Times in 56 Posts
Default Beware of Bison Buildings in Minneapolis Mn

I may get in trouble for posting this but if it saves one person then so be it.

I have purchased a 40x65 metal building from this company, only to be lied to many times. Calls and emails go unanswered, I have called and emailed, left messages on answering machines and cell phones at the buisness and sales reps phones. My building finally showed up last week, but still missing hardware to assemble. I have been in contact with the corporate headquarters to obtain shipping dates and tracking numbers. They have given me the tracking numbers and the hardware is due to be dropped off today. Now I am down to the exterior door and garage door and when they will show up.

For anyone that tries planning so that someone can be present to offload semi-trucks having answers on when the multiple trucks will be onsite is kind of important. This vendor seems to think planning is not important, that is after you pay your deposit.

All materials seem to be quality made, but this is not rocket science on how to treat a customer, and put everything on one truck. I had one semi with the steel structure, another semi with the metal sheeting, , another semi with the insulation. Drop shipments with hardware one week, and another drop shipment with more hardware today. I have been told the doors will be delivered in 2 weeks. I do not have the time to construct the building, and the contractor that I have hired puts these buildings up quite often, is wondering what the heck he has gotten into. He is scheduling when to be onsite to offload the material, and has to have equipment to unload the semi, and block traffic. The buildings he sells and constructs go much smoother than this.

If you are looking at purchasing a steel building buyer beware of these guys. They are also related to Steel Built Corporation headquartered in Pa.

Sean

Last edited by Sean Marconette; 11-04-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Beware of Bison Buildings in Minneapolis Mn

Sorry to hear that Sean. I build metal buildings, and while things don't always go as planned customer service is everything, and they failed majorly. We've all had jobs go wrong, it's how you handle it that makes the difference. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Sean Marconette

Chad,

Thank you. The building is going together well, but I am still waiting on my overhead door. It has been very poor customer service, and not getting any better. Our current challenge has been the wind and rain and has slowed the progress.

Sean
Old 11-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Marconette View Post
Chad,

Thank you. The building is going together well, but I am still waiting on my overhead door. It has been very poor customer service, and not getting any better. Our current challenge has been the wind and rain and has slowed the progress.

Sean
Both will slow you down. The overhead door wasn't part of the building package?

The fact that they don't seem to be a member of the MBMA(metal building manufacturers association) is scary.

Last edited by Chad Rhodes; 11-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Chad Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Sean Marconette

The overhead door was part of the package, I have yet to get a straight answer as to its delivery. The building was manufactured and engineered by steel built corp they are a member of the metal building manufacturers association. Bison is a sister company from what I am finding out.

Sean
Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
The overhead door was part of the package, I have yet to get a straight answer as to its delivery. The building was manufactured and engineered by steel built corp they are a member of the metal building manufacturers association. Bison is a sister company from what I am finding out.

Sean
Or more likely a broker..........that claims to be a sister company. It's pretty common in the industry
Old 11-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Sean Marconette

That makes more sense. One more reason I have stopped all communication with Bison. It's too late to go back and start over, but for anyone else in the planning stages of a steel building. Who would you consider as being reputable?

Sean
Old 11-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
That makes more sense. One more reason I have stopped all communication with Bison. It's too late to go back and start over, but for anyone else in the planning stages of a steel building. Who would you consider as being reputable?

Sean
Well I am a little biased, but I recommend Star Buildings. They are owned by NCI group, which owns all of their plants (32 of them), and make all of their own components except insulation. That includes doors, windows, vents, roll up doors, etc. They all have their own brand names, but are owned by NCI. Star only sells through their authorized builder network, which we are one. Star is the preferred metal building of the military, Coca-Cola, UPS and many other fortune 500 companies. However they still offer smaller more economical buildings for landowners, small businesses, etc.