Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default China motors

Old 06-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: China motors

I'll be damned if I'll ever buy a GM product.Let them sink next time.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
FrankChastain

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Just one in thousands of company's and products that aren't made or built here. No wonder we don't have jobs here anymore they are all over seas.
FrankChastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Just another piece of the puzzle of economic problem here.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

It is all about the bottom line...profit!
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

They got the bailout from us, and are now spending it in China. Less jobs here, they do not care.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

So just keep taxing those "Rich" Corporations till they take ALL the jobs out of the country.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
So just keep taxing those "Rich" Corporations till they take ALL the jobs out of the country.
Lets not tax the poor little corporations and greed will still dictate the same results. Not one time in the years I worked for GE was taxes an issue, it was always the cost of labor. GE had 1000s of corporate taxes lawyers to address that issue. The end result was GE closed the Ontario plant to non-DOD work and moved to China where they can pay the worker less than minimum wage, provide no healthcare, work them in a unsafe environment with hazmat. Can you image the money they are making without the EPA, OSHA, and IRS breathing down their necks, a great day for capitalism!

Last edited by Eddies66; 06-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Terry Cain

Liked 224 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Lets not tax the poor little corporations and greed will still dictate the same results. Not one time in the years I worked for GE was taxes an issue, it was always the cost of labor. GE had 1000s of corporate taxes lawyers to address that issue. The end result was GE closed the Ontario plant to non-DOD work and moved to China where they can pay the worker less than minimum wage, provide no healthcare, work them in a unsafe environment with hazmat. Can you image the money they are making without the EPA, OSHA, and IRS breathing down their necks, a great day for capitalism!
And them the board of diretors will give the CEO a BIG bonus for (sending jobs over seas). Everyone of them should have to live in those countries.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Reed Granrt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
I worked in Management of GE for 30+ years and I watched my division close 17 plants in approximately 4 years. I first blamed the company then one day I began to see several hints of what was happening. Most of it started with the passage of NAFTA. We slowly began to move operations to Mexico with the promise that with this bill passage that of all products made there 50% had to be sold there. Now can you imagine them using a Microwave when there is no electricity within 100 miles or a refrigerator when they have no water for the ice maker. As part of my job, I had to make several trips to set up the plants. Unbelievably screwed up as these people did not want to work. Quality problems were just out right flagrant. As the problems mounted, it was just a short time before GE started to look else where, which was China, Brasil or BUM FUDGE Egypt. During all this time, I just couldnt understand why. Then as I began to really look, I saw that we as a country was offering all kinds of tax breaks for companies to produce else where (NAFTA). Then I also saw 3 real reasons
1: tax breaks offered by our government
2: we people want an immediate return on our stocks
3: WE have become complacent as American workers and we want 8 hours pay for 4 hours work. We expect it all to be given to us because we are the best. We have workers especially in the auto industry making as much as $75 an hour to punch a button. We have corporate greed of CEO that want to make $x000,000 for salaries. Hey fellows NHRA or NASCAR are no different.
Many of our politicians are giving us away $1 dollar at a time but we are just as much to blame as they are.
reed
Reed Granrt is offline   Reply With Quote