HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
S/P G673

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: crew chief pro or ifamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
Yep we were at mission, and won Super Comp on Sunday (with iFamily ). We are a Pacific, just got back from tech, will have time runs tomorrow, eliminations start Saturday.

well then,i will look for you and introduce myself.I will be there saturday.
S/P G673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
Bob Kodadek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Higgins View Post
Wow, you mean the really old Farmers type weather station made out of plastic? The one where the baro jumps up and down 20 points where the "others designed in the 60s" is rock solid?

These weather stations were NOT designed in the 60s. If you had done any homework at all, which you haven't, then you would see the patent for racing weather stations was started in the late 80s by Altronics. The Altalab was originally designed in the 90s, and the current Performaire, Altalab, and Computech systems are on par with anything available anywhere. Keep in mind, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own facts.

There is a reason I don't sell the farmers weather station. They do have a nice rain gauge which is super spiffy information.

Just the uniformed opinion of the Chicago National Event Super Comp winner....
Geez Don,

Why do you insist on continuing to embarrass yourself? Are you that insecure? You should be. The more you lie, the more ignorant you sound.

Here's my opinion, you're nothing more than a "Johnny Come Lately", a copycat, hell bent on bashing all the companies and the real programmers that came long before you. Good people who won't speak up for themselves. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you're not intelligent enough to realize it.

Bob Kodadek
Bob Kodadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
DOS VETTES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is get'in good! I'm goin for some popcorn and wait for Don!
DOS VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I know a very well known and winning, DIV 4 super class racer that told me he uses the Crew Chief Pro software so that he can tell what the other racers are think about to adjust their cars. He feels this gives him an advantage because he knows his info is better, especially in large weather swings.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #15
S/P G673

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
I know a very well known and winning, DIV 4 super class racer that told me he uses the Crew Chief Pro software so that he can tell what the other racers are think about to adjust their cars. He feels this gives him an advantage because he knows his info is better, especially in large weather swings.

so are you saying he uses ccp to find out what they" would "be changing and then uses family for his own setup?
S/P G673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

What I meant to say was that he uses the CCP to get an idea on what you think is happening so when he races you he can adjust how you are going to race. How much you (using CCP) will be allowing for weather changes etc. He did tell me that parts of CCP are pretty good but, other parts aren't. I use and old B&G computer, similar to the ifamily unit (I think). I use in conjunction with a spreadsheet to help me predict ET changes for the change in weather. Once I know the weather change, then I will make adjustments for track, wind etc.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #17
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

There is a lot of good systems out there, myself i love the computech program. I have tried others and ever have the deer in the headlights look, well we did and sold them, to much info.
BTW Computech system won us the US Nationals the first year we used the system. but we didn't win Chicago, lol
Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: crew chief pro or ifamily

Don is the Guy that is at almost all national events for support to me that goes a long way I am sure this other company is good I have not heard of it are you at races and do you have updates and a web site I would like to check it out thanks PS lets all get along
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #19
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://ifamilysoftware.com
Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #20
Mike Gardner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We use Crew Chief and Don has been a great help on the phone and at the track. Never heard of the other system.

my .02
Mike Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote