HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Rules for Class Championship on NHRA

Toby, page 7, under my 'Wishes' thing, No 2 is that Toby Lang would show me how to do stuff like that. Is that what you call an upload? And yes, all my grandkids are gone for now (13, ages 13 yrs to one month). I didn't see anything about the payments, but I know Scooter was trying to advance the program. Singles now get the same points.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Singles now get the same points.
If there are 2 cars in a class,the winner gets 85 points.

If there are 16 cars in a class,the winner gets 85 points.

Glad I am not a class contender,because that doesn't seem logical.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
If there are 2 cars in a class,the winner gets 85 points.

If there are 16 cars in a class,the winner gets 85 points.

Glad I am not a class contender,because that doesn't seem logical.
In the event of a rain out the winner gets full points, what about the others? If none, would one rain out win provide a huge lead?

Last edited by Bobby DiDomenico; 01-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Sounds like if you want to win the title you need to build two oddball cars that run the same oddball class That way you race your two cars against each other get max points run all the races that have class and you would have a perfect score.

There really needs some kind of small points added per round won to make it more fair.

Just my opionion.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Sounds like if you want to win the title you need to build two oddball cars that run the same oddball class That way you race your two cars against each other get max points run all the races that have class and you would have a perfect score.

There really needs some kind of small points added per round won to make it more fair.

Just my opionion.
Thats been in the tiebreakers
Old 01-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #16
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Be sure to ask what awards are to be given. If you are going to seriously chase this "prize", you ought to know what you win.

It may be all about the contingency money, and hopefully with more sponsors, more will actually pay. As of right now, we still have one from last year who didn't pay.

But if it is such a big deal to the NHRA, and such a great benefit to the racers, you would think they would spell things out.

Last year, all we had were rumors, right up to the end. First it was a Big trophy and a gold card, then it was a Big trophy and a Jacket, then finally, it was just a normal class sized trophy, and the contingency sponsors who actually paid their $500.

Also, at the award presentation, the whole thing was clearly an afterthought as it wans't even listed on the program, took 3 minutes, and was over. Jr Dragster winners spoke at length about their awards, but for us, trophies were handed out, picture taken, and everyone rushed back to their seats. I dont blame Division 3, who had 3 of the winners, it isnt their fault that things happened as they did, as they planned their annual awards program, before they were told anything about this program.

And just in case it isn't clear, as Art said in the previous post, it is really all about the tie breakers.

Almost everyone whose car runs well enough to win class a few times, will be tied just like last year where 9 of the top 10 in Superstock/Automatic, and 8 out of 10 in Stock/Automatic had the max of 255 points. So the tie breakers will again be the determining factor.

But right now, I still don't know what awards will be given, and how many sponsors are participating.

So I guess we will just wait until the plan has some real meat on it, and is more than a rumor. Then we can see what you get, and who the sponsors are (If you run early in the schedule and win, but dont have the right stickers, because the sponsor signed up late and you didnt know they would become a sponsor, will you still get paid by them? How many races do you need, with the sponsors stickers? One, all??? )

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Marty Buth

Liked 149 Times in 34 Posts

I give a lot of credit to Keith and David for winning the stock automatic championship. They ran fast and ran a lot of rounds to win. I think the tie breakers are reasonably fair. However, in my case, I won class at 3 events and had the max. points. In previous years, that would have been worth $1350 in contingency money for me. In this new system I received $0.00 and 3 wallys. I think there should be a little money distributed to all who max out the points, instead of a "winner take all" situation.
Just my $.02.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Agree that David and Keith did a great job. They towed thousands of miles and worked hard for the win all while doing a admirable job of representing their sponsors. As David outlined it I sure don't see any urgency to spend $ for a ProTrans and some other parts to contend for class. After a full year to develop a program that increases participation by racers and sponsors NHRA still has a ways to go to achieve that (forgive me for stating the obvious).
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
Toyotakid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStock1373 View Post
This is a year late but I thought the main problem was too many single runs getting easy money was causing sponsors to pull out as well as making class elims less enjoyable to watch. So they did away with single runs and made combos, and as sad as I was about that, I knew that it was the right thing to do and a way to make sponsors and spectators who like watching class runs happier. But why did they have to create combos AND pull the money (aside from indy and Jegs nats)? Couldn't they do one or the other? Keep single runs and pull the money, or run the combos and pay the money?

Regardless, it would have been an admirable gesture by NHRA if they could have stepped up to the plate and started offering some money to class winners.
By definition it is not a class win when they combine classes and run them based off a class index?!? Some classes have been beaten up, some have not so it is total crap. IF you are going to combine classes (Auto and Stick) it should be a dial in race to make it fair for everyone ...
Toyotakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

When this came up last year, I believe someone was touting this as only a beginning, and this year (2012) there would be an even better program. Looks like an afterthought to me. Just make it up on the fly as they usually do.
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote