Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

big money game already!
dennismopar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

It won't take long for a few purpose built drag race Mustangs and DPs (that can never be licensed for the street) to run off all the exotic foreign jobs.

BTW there are sure a lot of American cars on the list that will never get to race in Stock or S/S 'cause they are not in the classguide. What a shame!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jason , dont rule out Corvette's , Vipers and Camaro's . These are very fast car's that could dominate a heads up series and have a ton of technolgy that the CJ's and DP's dont have
Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Sounds to me like its having a few issues about even making it to the "Inaugural" Kick off of Top Stock. I thought it would last for at least 6 months or so. I have a lot of respect for Bret, Jeff and anybody else who is involed in getting this thing to the table, but I bet their eyes rolled back in their heads when they got the "approved list" of vehicles that were invited.

Does ADRL even have a Tech Dept?? What a nightmare, Huh? Run Whatcha Brung!!!!

Good Luck Boys!!

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
Jason , dont rule out Corvette's , Vipers and Camaro's . These are very fast car's that could dominate a heads up series and have a ton of technolgy that the CJ's and DP's dont have
Didn't all the CJs and DPs have a ton of technology unavailable to the stockers that they were meant to prey on?. You thought it was fair then! Now the bellyaching begins, looks like this will be put out to pasture before any rules or classes are even written.
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

Bubski , No Tears here. I own a race ready corvette with traction control . I also have a bad *** Patterson peice to go in it that has not been able to run in NHRA because the vette would have to weight 4200lbs in stock. Now it only has to weight 3250 with driver .

Im happy and yes I will proudly use the rules to my advanage if I can just like the other guys who run heads up racing. I just want to make sure what the rules are so I can use them all to my full advantage.

FYI , the CJ's and DP's are not even close to the vette and viper when it comes to technolgy .

The current factory drag cars were made to out run the out dated cars that run NHRA stock. And I would add the CJ's and DP's have done it well

The ADRL is starting a whole new game with adding "super cars" to the field. At first I did not like it because they gave the mopars a
weight break , now it's looking better and better to me

Last edited by boster; 01-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.
boster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #27
SSGN

Liked 130 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
Bubski , No Tears here. I own a race ready corvette with traction control . I also have a bad *** Patterson peice to go in it that has not been able to run in NHRA because the vette would have to weight 4200lbs in stock. Now it only has to weight 3250 with driver .

Im happy and yes I will proudly use the rules to my advanage if I can just like the other guys who run heads up racing. I just want to make sure what the rules are so I can use them all to my full advantage.

FYI , the CJ's and DP's are not even close to the vette and viper when it comes to technolgy .

The current factory drag cars were made to out run the out dated cars that run NHRA stock. And I would add the CJ's and DP's have done it well

The ADRL is starting a whole new game with adding "super cars" to the field. At first I did not like it because they gave the mopars a
weight break , now it's looking better and better to me
While you are correct in all the above Bo,do you think with all these potential cars any sanction could police it?Will they have a teardown barn??It looked real good at first.Don't get me wrong my Buicks would not be a player in this class so i am only watching.Seems these things get squashed before the game even starts.

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #28
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Exclamation Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

Looks like the same thing that happened to IHRA Top Stock will end up being the end of this class also, By the same Folks that killed it. Can't anybody just race the way it was intended!!!!!!
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts

Bubski, what is the "ton" of technology unavailable to other stockers that you speak of?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Smith View Post
Bubski, what is the "ton" of technology unavailable to other stockers that you speak of?
CNC ported heads comes to mind.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote