HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #31
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

Ruler , your right it was cheater's and loser like you who could not race on a level playing feild . The same type that dose not have the balls to use their real name. And then tell us what was in ADRL mind when they came up with this series. They are the one who made the rules.

Last edited by boster; 01-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.
boster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #32
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post

The current factory drag cars were made to out run the out dated cars that run NHRA stock. And I would add the CJ's and DP's have done it well

And it took a BS hp factor in order to outrun the "outdated" cars.

I love the chance to run heads up and thank all the people that are working to make this happen!

Last edited by SS Engine Guy; 01-28-2012 at 05:39 PM.
SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #33
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

SS engine guy , everything about stock is BS . Their is nothing stock about stock elminator and I challenge you to show me one combo that really has the horsepower it's factored at in stock .

When I got my mustang the HP was very close to the rating on the chassis dyno . But you are correct we changed the plugs and pick up 80 hp , dial up the tuning and pick up another 65hp changed the cam's pickup some more . Ford and Mopar just produced a better factory drag car then the ones racing

The old cars run bogus heads that are covered up 60-80hp , change the cams another 60hp , rework the carb , 15 hp cheat on rocker ratio another 25 hp , bogus size rod journals ,lighter weight piston and rods , turned down crank another 100hp .

Now you tell me thats stock ? and thats not bogus ? But it's NHRA legal because the rules say so .

Stock means the way it was produced from the factory not whats runing in NHRA stock elminator

The new car's will always have the advantage in drag racing .Technolgy is hard to beat get use to it .

Last edited by boster; 01-28-2012 at 06:41 PM.
boster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #34
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
SS engine guy , everything about stock is BS . Their is nothing stock about stock elminator and I challenge to show me one combo that really has the horsepower it's factored at in stock . Every combo out their is bogus some just more then other's

When I got my mustang the HP was very close to the rating on the chassis dyno . But you are correct we changed the plugs and pick up 80 hp , dial up the tuning and pick up another 65hp changed the cam's pickup some more .

The old cars run bogus heads that are covered up 60-80hp , change the cams another 60hp , rework the carb , 15 hp cheat on rocker ratio another 25 hp , bogus size rod journals ,lighter weight piston and rods , turned down crank another 100hp .

Now you tell me thats stock ? and thats not bogus ? But it's NHRA legal because the rules say so .

Stock means the way it was produced from the factory not whats runing in NHRA stock elminator

The new car's will always have the advantage in drag racing .Technolgy is hard to beat get use to it .
It is not so much the technology differences between a Dragpak or a NA Mustang that has the advantage over my car for example. It is the compression, heads, camshaft lift, valve sizes, ports sizes, throttle body, and intake that are so far from what could run on the street in a "stock" car that makes them a bogus comparison.

There is no way you could take one of those cars and get an emmissions certification on pump gas like you do the traditional stock eliminator cars. There isn't that much more technology in one of those cars over say a LT1 or a LS1, but the main difference is that an LT1 and a LS1 were driven on the street on pump gas.

Let me have similar heads, lift, intake, compression, and throttle body in a LT1 and see if you could keep up with me.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #35
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Bo

Anyway you can let me know where I can get a set or two of those 80hp Spark Plugs???

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I am the regional distributor. How much money you got?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #37
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I am the regional distributor. How much money you got?
I will do the west/left coast

:-) peace
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #38
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Grey Goose Brand no doubt. Suppose you got a set in your DP, huh??

Do they possibility come in different HP ratings or is 80hp the only ones you sell??

I need some for the 390........you still taking checks??

Your Lame Duck F/SA Competitor

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #39
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bo, you are exactly right! Way to much stuff has been allowed in the past years that should have been a DQ instead of a rule change. However, one of the things that has always held my interest was the fans and other competitors that were amazed that S/SS cars were as quick as they were given the limitations. ie: flat tops or dished pistons, small cams, q-jets/small holleys/afb carbs etc. I can take an old style motor, port the heads, use 1000 cfm air flow, big manifolds, blowers etc. and get the same or better performance as the new cars. Not to mention computer control all of this in milliseconds. Thats no great accomplishment. Especially if my competition is "old school" as many have mentioned. That is exactly why I am thrilled to have Brett and others that are putting the time in to have a "Supercar Series".
These cars will be a great draw running against themselves and should be a boost to the manufacurers and help to sell their product and create public awareness that the car companies are again offering performance.

And you are correct again that there are quite a few other "old" combos out there that have had low hp ratings that have been protected by racers and sanctioning bodies. That needs to be addressed also. And ahfs is not the way to do it as it allows competitors to falsify a combo's true performance potential.

Oh, and I got used to the technology a long time ago. Some really good for our sport and some really bad.

Last edited by SS Engine Guy; 01-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.
SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #40
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Question Re: "Kepner went Kaboom"

Quote:
bogus size rod journals ,lighter weight piston and rods , turned down crank another 100hp .

Legal?

100hp?
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote