HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red face Why dont they use a bat????

Just paid 3.699 a gal for diesel, reg gas 3.159 a gal.
Didnt diesel use to be less expensive than reg.?
When does it stop?
Will anyone be at the track next season?
I used my motorhome less this year and stayed in motels more because gas was so high, now with diesel outta sight, the motorhome will actually be less expensive while still costing more than last year!!!

CAN ANYONE HEAR ME ?

Gary
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
990 Novas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why dont they use a bat????

Loud & Clear, Gary.

-Ventura Motorsports
990 Novas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

You guys cant seriously tell me that gas prices will make you stay home... Most of yall have real nice rigs, spensive, and cant afford a 50cent increase in gas prices?
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNorton View Post
You guys cant seriously tell me that gas prices will make you stay home... Most of yall have real nice rigs, spensive, and cant afford a 50cent increase in gas prices?
Lee, that's EXACTLY why we can't afford it!!!!

Kelli
1236 S/ST
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lee the point is that it all adds up...entry fees , gas, maintainence, our "expensive" rigs...
My salary certainly hasnt gone up to support these increases the last couple of years..I only race in Div 1, and my 2008 wish list schedule has me traveling about 5000 miles, which is about a $350 increase in the last couple of weeks with the increase in gas prices...add that to entry fees and racing gas, and thats 5 grand just to get there and enter...

Sucks...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: Why dont they use a bat????

OK - this trying to quit smoking is making me bit**y!!
Diesel is up because it is now heat fuel season which is primarily diesel and didn't oil hit $100 per barrel.
Don't know why as rumor has it there is lots of oil!!
Anyway - most of us who raced & travelled last season, will be racing & travelling '08 season!!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right Lynn. It sucks but we're all gonna suck it up. Luckily our longest trip will be the looooong 1 hour and 45 minute trek to E-Town (sorry, don't throw anything). I actually wonder if we'd still be racing D1 if we lived any farther away like the New England peeps. We may have gone back to Super Pro!!! (No offence to them, they just like throw .018 packages on me and that's not nice.)
And last weekend I was informed by the parents that since my car will now be towed in the new trailer by the DIESEL motorhome, I will be paying half the diesel bill now so now I have a vested interest in diesel prices and hope they do go back down or I'm gonna drive my dad crazy planning diesel stops only in NJ :P

PS: Good luck on the quitting, Lynn

Kelli
1236 S/ST
Old 11-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
JBM Sr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading all the posts on this subject, I did notice that most racers establish budgets to go racing. That is a really good thing to do. But an even better thing to do, is sticking to the budget. Remember, you did the budget because that is what you are prepared to spend on racing. If you exceed that budget, your taking money away from something else. I know we all talk about the gas prices, $10 insurance charge, entry fee, etc. going up, and say it?s only a couple of dollars more a year. Maybe. But it gets to a point that we are paying more for everything, and not getting anything more for it. We like the idea of going to one track and having an Open and Divisional race (saves on gas). Then we complain if the weather goes away, that the track is trying to put to many events into one weekend. Everyone has valid points. Racing is not a cheap sport. How much money your make is very important, but more important to the sport is how much money we are willing to spend on it. Just my 2 cents.

John Maggiulli Sr

ps. Lynn, good luck on tryng to stop smoking.
JBM Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..........i Know It Was Cheaper To Fly To Florida For A Week & Go To The Pri Show, Than It Was To Go To Indy...................i Do Believe We Beat Ourselves With Our Own Bat................sometimes............! I Was Behind A Lady In 7-11 Yesterday, She Bought 2 Packs Of Cigarettes & It Was $12.75..................................when I Smoked They Were $ 2.75 / Per Carton......that Increase Might Make Me Think About Quitting Smoking......but I Guess Gas, Fuel & Entry Fees Are No Different To Us......
Wsm
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A budget?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA, I wish!!! I'm a 25 year old that just put half a stacker trailer on a credit card!!!! Seriously, someone's gotta put me on Dr. Phil, I've got serious issues. My uncle always tells me he pities whoever my future husband is, he won't be able to afford me

Kelli
1236 S/ST