HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 08-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jim Thomson, Pete D'Agnolo and Jamie Stoneman -TNTSS Winners

Jim Thomson, Pete D'Agnolo and Jamie Stoneman - Winners in TNTSS

Rain pushed Saturday's event to Sunday

This past weekend's Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series was filled with some amazing on-track action. Friday's event in Lancaster NY saw 27 cars while Saturday at Empire was rained out and moved to Sunday. Jim Thomson from Niagara Falls, Ontario won Friday and runner'd up Sunday, Pete D'Agnolo from Rochester, NY won his first TNTSS race on Sunday and Clarence, New York's Jamie Stoneman defeated Tom Coonly in one of the best sportsman drag races ever!

Friday Aug 22 presented by Steve's Electric - Results
After qualifying sixth with a 7.011, Jim Thomson marched through the 27 car field to earn his third win in TNTSS competition. In round one, Thomson put points leader Jason Vitez on the trailer with a starting line advantage and a near perfect 7.001. Then it was Larry Pulver falling in another battle won on the tree. Third round saw Thomson beat two-time TNTSS series champ JJ Jablonski in a .526 7.007 to .533 7.018 match-up.

Semi-final action was Joe Karosik running a too fast 6.998 to Thomson's good-side 7.007 and yet another advantage at the tree. That set Thomson up to face Mark Herbold in the money round. Herbold had the advantage off the line at .545 to Thomson's uncharacteristic .576. But Thomson held off the Corvette's charge running 7.018 to 7.052 for the event win.

"I have to say two finals in one weekend were fantastic," said Thomson. "I had a great time with friends and a bunch of great racers but would have been better if my wife RaeAnn and kids Jimmy and Curt could have been there."

He was sure to mention how much he appreciates the help he gets from Joe Boniferro at Joe's Transmission Service, Rob Thomson at Four Seasons Roofing and Kevin Goodacre.

"I was going to take this year off but Joe talked me into it and has helped out tremendously. At the race in June, I broke the rearend and Joe told me to take it out. He drove back to his shop, rebuilt the gear set and was back by midnight so I could race the next day!"

Jim Thomson is now leading the chase for the Performance Improvements DRIVER OF THE YEAR AWARD, lubricated by Royal Purple.

Specialty Awards - Fri Aug 22
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier
◦Joe Karosik (Depew, NY) with a 7.004
•J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser)
◦Greg Kerl (Elma, NY) with a 7.005

Sister Act Band SHOOT-OUT Results
Four drivers qualified - Tom Coonly, Jamie Stoneman, Ted Barnes and Sam LoVetro. With a $1000 winner-take-all purse on the line, everyone was bringing their 'A' game. In the final, it was Jamie Stoneman winning in the most competitive sportsman drag race in TNTSS history.

Off the line they were .001 apart ... Stoneman with a .507 to Coonly's .508. At the stripe, it was a double-breakout with Stoneman 10.897 to Coonly's 10.895. Coonly crossed first by .001 but Stoneman broke out the least ... Margin of victory .002. It doesn't get any better than that!

"What an awesome race!" said Jamie Stoneman in the winner's circle. "I want to give special thanks to my lovely wife Heather - who is my number one fan and supporter, my dad Jim Stoneman - for all his years of support, Jeff Gregiore - great friend and great crew chief, Tom Coonly - great friend and staying true, even twice defeated!"

Stoneman was quick to thank The Sister Act Band and Roy Lister for sponsoring such a great event. "Thanks also to Joe's Transmission and Ted Barnes for a great racing series."

"This wouldn't be possible without our great sponsors: Phil's Quality Auto, Joe Muro Plumbing, Joe and Mo Passero, Wayne and Pat Sipos, and Jamie Tupper," added Stoneman.

Sunday Aug 24 presented by Autos Direct of Buffalo - Results
In his first year of TNTSS competition, Pete D'Agnolo moved swiftly through the field to victory from the 10th qualifying spot. He made quick work of John Cira in round one with a .513 to .529 double break-out win (10.888 to 10.883). Then Tim Fletcher fell in a .519 to .535 starting line advantage. Round three saw Gary Kerl leave first (.514 to .518) but D'Agnolo drove around him for the win (10.920 to 10.933).

A bye in the semi's set D'Agnolo up to face Friday's winner Jim Thomson who was in his second final of the weekend. It ended quickly as Thomson went .494 red handing the event win to D'Agnolo.

"I have to thank my parents (Sam and Nancy D'Agnolo) and my girlfriend Kristina," said Pete D'Agnolo. "We just got this car looking to do something besides Super Stock." The 1979 Malibu is capable of 9.40's powered by a 427 small block. "I also want to thank S&R Automotive and JRO Design for all their help. And Joe's Transmission and Autos Direct of Buffalo for sponsoring tonight."

Specialty Awards - Sun Aug 24
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier
◦Harry Phelps (Newark, NY) with a 10.907
•J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser)
◦Tom Coonly (Blasdell, NY) with a 10.901

Next up on the 2014 TNTSS schedule is a double this weekend August 30-31 at Cayuga Dragway PLUS the REVS Full Throttle RACE OF CHAMPIONS on Sunday. Visit www.tntsuperseries.com for all the latest news on the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.

Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series - Championship Points Standings (6 of 10 races complete)

1 Ted Barnes 477
2 Jason Vitez 469
3 Harris Phelps 460
4 Tom Coonly 447
4 Harry Phelps 442
6 Jamie Stoneman 422
7 Steve McCarrick 420
8 Chris VanBaalen 406
9 Peter Maduri Sr 404
10 JJ Jablonski 400