HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #21
JThomas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Indy Class ...Enhanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
How do you get the former world champs to staging in a timely manor for class?
Very simple. Stock to the lanes. The lanes will close at 9:07(or whatever). Anyone that gets there after that is sent back to the pits.
After a few racers miss their runs the problem will be solved. It is ridiculous watching Stock and SS dribbling into the lanes holding up the whole event. I am surprised NHRA has put up with it this long.
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #22
thomas sheehan
Photographer

Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts

It's easy (it worked just fine for years until a few fast cars got upset in round 1 of class)

#1... get rid of laddered fields for class... (worst change in class racing ever)
#2... bring back AFHS for this race
#3... pre-plan class order... "post an order" and run without someone who is not there when it is their turn
#4... As Mike said, chillers ok (no golf carts)
#5... Need staging officials that know the class racers
#6... get rid of laddered fields for class... (worst change in class racing ever)
Old 08-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #23
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

How about the SRAC addressing the issue.

I like the ladder for class, the top qualifier is in line for the first bye if they can get to it. It takes away all confusion of who is paired up.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 08-14-2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: just can't spell or proof read
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #24
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Indy Class ...Enhanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
How do you get the former world champs to staging in a timely manor for class?
Run without them !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #25
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
There needs to be a time clock. Example...first call says you have 15 minutes to be in lanes; second call 10 minutes; last call 5 minutes. If you're not there and paired up you go back to the trailer, no exceptions, excuses, reasons, or other wise. Again....EXAMPLE....I'm sure there is a better way?
Amen Brett !! And God Bless America to you.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #26
Rick Schilling

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
There needs to be a time clock. Example...first call says you have 15 minutes to be in lanes; second call 10 minutes; last call 5 minutes. If you're not there and paired up you go back to the trailer, no exceptions, excuses, reasons, or other wise. Again....EXAMPLE....I'm sure there is a better way?
Many years ago at the local track (IRP at the time) when stock and super stock was run every weekend they did just that. In fact they would close off the rear of the lanes with saw horses and trust me, you didn't want to let Marty Barrett catch you trying to sneak past them!
Rick Schilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #27
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Because there’s a traffic jam with 180 cars.
Good luck with pairing. There is No. REDMAN.
Was at Indy many years ago and two SS/AH cars were stuck in 8.90 dragster traffic and the NHRA official came down and sent them back even though we could see them from the stands. IIRC even the big guy from down south couldn't get them to realize the issue. I like the time limits and groupings, also need to make sure the "roads" aren't blocked.

Best thing to get spectators to watch qualifying? Run cars off of the index rather than current both green according to friends we bring. Nothing kills them more than sitting in the sun watching 2 cars cross the finish line 6 seconds apart. (Would also make sandbagging at the 1000' mark more visible for the casual, aka "Fuel car", fan)
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #28
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

From Bob D:

best thing to get spectators to watch qualifying? Run cars off of the index rather than current both green according to friends we bring. Nothing kills them more than sitting in the sun watching 2 cars cross the finish line 6 seconds apart. (would also make sandbagging at the 1000' mark more visible for the casual, aka "fuel car", fan)

X100
Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #29
Jim Bailey

Liked 505 Times in 104 Posts

As always, there's lots of problems, I was simply commenting that it would be much more fun to watch class if the classes ran as classes, not as different class pairs.... My idea was this : #1 - You call the cars to lanes by class. #2 - You use every other staging lane. EXAMPLE : "All A/SA cars to lane #1." All B/SA cars to lane #3". "ALL C/SA cars to lane #5 ..and so on. The cars line up bumper to bumper leaving enough room to pull out between them... As all the A/SA cars are paired in lane #1 they pull into lane #2. Likewise all the paired B/SA cars pull into lane #4. Continuing on through all the classes. Here's the kicker - When the lane of paired cars is empty, that round of class is over. (I wonder if anybody will hold back?) I think this would work pretty smooth. With Texting, PA Systems, Officials on pit bikes, and the fact that most guys pit with like class buddies, I don't think communication is a problem even at Indy. Might even stop the traffic jams at the entrance to the lanes. Just my .02.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #30
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,342 Times in 408 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Indy Class ...Enhanced !

Quote:
Great idea Brett.