Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,680 Times in 852 Posts
Default Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott View Post
Has anyone confirmed this Rumor ????
I tried to log onto the live D2 banquet last night but on an iPad I couldn't because of Apple's "no flashplayer" deal. Hopefully someone who attended will chime in what was said or keep an eye on Bradenton's website to see what pops up there since it's less than a month away and that's where the rumor came from apparently.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chuck;

No confirmation yet. With Div 2 having the track operators meeting and banquet this weekend, and Monday being a national holiday, if this is correct it will probably hit the Div 2 web site Tuesday or Wednesday.

Below is the link where I found this information.

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...2/m/4427046495

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham
Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
MacNicol Racing

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

South Georgia and Silver Dollar both posted it on their Facebook pages.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
jmcarter
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNicol Racing View Post
South Georgia and Silver Dollar both posted it on their Facebook pages.
So it is, hate it when you have to have Facebook to get news, guess I'll just be newsless. And your opinion as a serious .90 racer?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I am kind of confused on this whole deal.... Adding the Unleashed indexes to the Div. series is not really a big deal, I would imagine they chose these classes to start because they have had a good car count at their events. What I dont understand is why some on here are calling them "Bracket cars" ?... There is a BIG difference to a "index car" and a "Bracket car".

I think with the dwindling number of traveling super class cars they may feel that opening up the rules and leveling the playing field with out all the driving aids will be the way to go. I just wish they would have opted for one of the faster classes as well like the 8.50 or 9.0 deal.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
So it is, hate it when you have to have Facebook to get news, guess I'll just be newsless. And your opinion as a serious .90 racer?
Jim;

Like you, I also have not stepped up to the 21st century and become a Facebook user either. However, Silver Dollar has put this information on their web site. I would take that as being pretty much "official".

RIP Mark Graham
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
jmcarter
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
I am kind of confused on this whole deal.... Adding the Unleashed indexes to the Div. series is not really a big deal, I would imagine they chose these classes to start because they have had a good car count at their events. What I dont understand is why some on here are calling them "Bracket cars" ?... There is a BIG difference to a "index car" and a "Bracket car".

I think with the dwindling number of traveling super class cars they may feel that opening up the rules and leveling the playing field with out all the driving aids will be the way to go. I just wish they would have opted for one of the faster classes as well like the 8.50 or 9.0 deal.
They are bracket races, same deal as the 6.50 and 7.00 classes already being conducted as part of the bracket programs including divisional ET championships. Again, I bracket race, just think mixing bracket and class races at the Division races diminishes both.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #18
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post

Freddie;

I'd say the biggest deal of this would be time, I mean time to run all the classes during a decent hour when the track conditions would be safe. I remember back in '04 or '05 at SGMP when there was a rain delay and T/S was getting their qualifying run at 10 o'clock at night. The dew had started to fall and I saw Dave Saul and Edwin Stewart both crash their cars within a short period of time. Question is, just how much more stuff can be added in the given amount of time to run one of these events?

Like some seem to think, this may be the direction NHRA wants to move to at the expense of dropping the traditional classes they already have in place. If I wanted to race the "Unleashed" style of index racing I can do that once a month at Gainesville, only 45 minutes from my house. That's not what I built my car for and not what I want to do.

RIP Mark Graham
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glad I don't run D2.....................
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
JMatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my opinion, this is more writing on the wall of the demise of Super class racing - and possibly Stock/Superstock as well.

Fans don't watch any of the above. Tech and management of all the S/SS classes is very resource intense.

So invent no-electronics index racing. Now whether you're an 8.0 roadster in Supergas or a 14.0 1984 Mustang, NHRA doesn't have to care. And fans see side-by-side pro tree launches with what LOOKS like two all out passes and gives down-to-the-wire finishes.

I started saying this last Summer. Let's see how far it goes before people start hearing me.